Full-Time Shift Supervisor
Job ID : 548
Closing Date : 03/07/2021
Job Category : Manufacturing
Location : Corunna Site
Will relocation be considered for this position: No
Who We Are:
NOVA Chemicals develops and manufactures chemicals and plastic resins that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier. Our employees work to ensure health, safety, security and environmental stewardship through our commitment to sustainability and Responsible Care®. NOVA Chemicals, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, is wholly-owned ultimately by Mubadala Investment Company of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
NOVA Chemicals helps shape a world where products vital to our health and happiness are even better tomorrow than they are today. We are seeking talented and passionate people who enjoy working in a collaborative, innovative environment to join our dynamic team. Through our commitment to Responsible Care®, we take pride in our focus on safety and responsibility.
We are seeking a talented individual to fill the shift role of ME Production Olefins Utilities Shift Supervisor, for NOVA Chemicals Manufacturing East Corunna Site. You will have the opportunity to work in a changing and collaborative environment where you can influence and positively impact the organization. ME Production Shift Supervisors drive performance in Responsible Care®, production, cost, culture, quality, employee development and maintenance work management through the identification and implementation of best practices. This career opportunity will be located in the Sarnia Region at the NOVA Chemical Inc. Corunna Site Production Facility.
Reporting to the Manufacturing East Olefins Utilities Production Leader, this position will provide 24/7 Leadership to enable operating shift teams to deliver production goals in a safe, reliable, competitive, and environmentally responsible manner.
You Will Use Your Expertise In:
- Provide Responsible Care® (RC) leadership on-shift, ensuring shift teams comply with the site RC standards, procedures and programs to achieve site RC targets and adherence to Life Saving Rules.
- Use Leader Standard Work (LSW) and Go-See assurance checks to ensure high standards of performance in the areas of RC moments, shift starter visual management, Safe Work Permitting, Safety Interactions, WHAT IF cards, Operations Log entries and alarm management.
- Perform Incident Commander role directly supporting Emergency Operations Center (EOC) for site emergencies, providing Leadership to enable emergency response, shut down of units, human resource evacuation / notification, use of outside resources, etc.
- Lead emergency preparedness drills and plans in accordance with the site emergency response standards.
- Ensure effective use of Responsible Care® Learning System (RCLS) Processes including facilitation of timely and accurate reporting into the Incident system.
- Facilitate the Operating Procedure reviews and update processes.
- Model and Coach World Class Conduct of Operations.
- Ensure the operationalization of NOVA’s Nature and the necessary culture to support.
- Execute site operations Continuous Improvement and Management of Change processes including periodic assurance that processes are functioning as intended and aligned across Corunna Site operating units.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring production shift team members in time management, performance reviews and provides effective feedback for continuous development.
- Identify and resolve gaps in shift team skill/capacity and ability to meet demands as well as identifying and pursuing resources required for shift team to meet shift targets.
- Ensures consistent application of Site Collective Agreement, People practices and policies.
- Create a shift team culture in full alignment with the principles of NOVA’s Nature in areas such as effective interpersonal working relationships, demonstrated collaboration, and the support and sharing of information around successes and problems for the benefit of region-wide continuous learning.
- Capability for 24/7 Operation of the Corunna production units which delivers daily production objectives.
- Demonstrate a Growth and Continuous Improvement mindset and apply processes for problem solving, decision making, meeting effectiveness, conflict resolution & performance management.
- Ensure continuous improvement in operations (i.e. Responsible Care®, efficiency, cost, productivity, etc.)
- Provide input to fixed and variable cost reduction.
- Lead a thorough and effective visual management shift starter discussion every shift.
- Accountable for shift team ability to identify address abnormal situations and applying risk assessment processes.
- Own decision making on cross boundary operational priorities for the shift.
- Responsible for monitoring daily production against targets and initiating corrective action for deviations from targets.
- Coach shift team through Maintenance Work Management process such as Emergency work, schedule break ins and notification quality.
- Support shift teams to achieve production commitments and support actions to resolving production constraints and minimizing negative production impacts.
- Responsible for in support of the annual business plan for all assets.
- Accountable for effective and efficient delivery of daily operational responsibilities within MWM standards and collaboration across shift teams.
- Enable availability threat management across the region by engaging shift teams in the identification, awareness and resolution of unit and site level risks.
- Achieve consistency in operations by establishing and communicating consistent expectations in collaboration with Shift Leadership group.
- Provides training/coaching on best practices and standards in operations.
- Identify plant equipment improvement opportunities to be considered through the expense or sustaining capital processes.
- Foster and promote continuous improvement in operations (i.e. Responsible Care®, efficiency, cost, productivity, etc.). Lead Operations Technicians in implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure high priority notifications receive an appropriate level of attention from the Area Work Team, Planned Maintenance Coordinators, and Maintenance Planners.
- Ensure the Operating Technicians maintain customer focus and communicates upstream and downstream impacts, specifically producing on-spec planned production, and minimizing the site impact on the community.
- Accountable for Operating Technician completion of Responsible Care® and progression training.
- Participate in trainee sign-off and final qualification walkthrough in compliance with training standards.
- Ensure students receive adequate training and mentoring from operating technicians.
What We Are Looking For:
2-year technical school diploma with 12+ years of operations or engineering experience OR 14+ years combination of post-secondary technical education and related experience OR 14+ years of progressive experience in a manufacturing discipline or equivalent technology environment.
- TSSA 4th Class Operating Engineer Certification (or greater) is considered an asset
- Professional Engineer designation is considered an asset
- An unwavering commitment to Responsible Care® and Goal Zero safety performance
- Effective application of leadership skills such as directing, accountability, coaching, mentoring, counseling, delegating, conflict resolution, and managing change
- Demonstrated knowledge of emergency preparedness and response. Incident Commander qualification is an asset
- Good judgment and absolute discretion when dealing with confidential matters
- Demonstrated ability to lead change in a positive manner, including recognizing and implementing cultural change
- Demonstrated history of problem-solving leadership, innovation, results orientation with a bias for action and effective collaboration
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to convey strategy and information to internal and external stakeholders clearly and concisely
- Computer proficiency in SAP and Microsoft office applications
- Strong record of attendance and time at work
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills
- Recognize own limitations and seek assistance from others
You Can Stand Out If:
- You are passionate about your work and put care and thought into all that you do.
- You are responsible and follow through with your commitments to others and to safety.
- You are innovative and are willing to challenge your biases when problem solving.
- You are collaborative, inclusive, and work well with others towards team goals.
- This is a 12-hour rotating shift position
- Compensation will be commensurate with education and experience
- In order to fulfil the duties of this role, the successful candidate will be required to wear respiratory protective equipment. Candidate must successfully pass a fit test and be physically able to wear a respirator
- The successful candidate is required to provide proof of a valid driver’s license
Why NOVA Chemicals?
NOVA Chemicals’ flexible benefit programs are designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees, because when it comes to benefits, everyone has different priorities. Our benefits offerings will vary based on your work location, and are an element of the “Total Rewards” package used to reward employees.
Check Us Out Online:
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram for company news.
- Follow us on Linkedin and Glassdoor for job updates.
- Read more on our Responsible Care® and sustainability initiatives like Project STOP
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
How to ApplyPlease apply to our Career site posting Shift Supervisor (novachem.com)
808 total views, 0 today