firstname.lastname@example.org's job listings
Data Governance Specialistrecruiting@novachem.com – Posted by email@example.com
Job ID : 752 Closing Date : 07/02/2021 Job Category : Corporate Location : NOVA Head Office, Manufacturing East Corporate Center, Red Deer Executive Place Will relocation be considered for this position: No Who We Are: NOVA Chemicals develops and manufactures chemicals and plastic resins that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier. Our employees work to ensure health, safety, security and environmental stewardship through our commitment to sustainability and Responsible Care®. NOVA Chemicals, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, is wholly-owned ultimately by Mubadala Investment Company of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. NOVA Chemicals helps shape a world where products vital to our health and happiness are even better tomorrow than they are today. We are seeking talented and passionate people who enjoy working in a collaborative, innovative environment to join our dynamic team. Through our commitment to Responsible Care®, we take pride in our focus on safety and responsibility.We are seeking an enthusiastic and passionate professional for a Senior Data Governance Specialist position, with extensive technical experience in IT governance and risk delivery, data privacy, data security, and industry compliance programs such as SOC, SOX, ISMS, GDPR, PIPEDA. NOVA Chemicals data strategy is focused on innovation and leveraging cloud native data services to meet the rapidly evolving needs of our business. You will help the team evolve NOVA Chemicals data services, leveraging best practices, tools, and apply your expertise in data centric security and privacy, data compliance, and data management to establish a scalable and operational data governance framework, optimized for delivering an enterprise data fabric that enables accessibility, availability, and self-service utilization to create a data driven decisioning practice.
You Will Use Your Expertise To:
- Establish and govern an enterprise data governance implementation roadmap including strategic priorities for development of information-based capabilities.
- Delivery of the work associated with the application of governance processes and business rulesets to be included in the self-serve reporting practice within the business.
- Roll out an enterprise-wide data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to organization behavior policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools, and data architecture.
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company’s principal information assets.
- Serve as a liaison between Business and Functional areas and technology to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated, and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning.
- Develop & maintain inventory of the enterprise information maps, including authoritative systems, owners, custodians, meta data, and lineage.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise. Ensure alignment with application regulatory standards and associated requirements.
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements.
- Support and resolve issues escalated from Business and Functional areas data governance representatives.
- Identify new business opportunities pertaining to the use of information assets to achieve efficiency and effectiveness in the marketplace / represent data as a strategic business.
- Drive adoption of the enterprise data governance across functions, units, and systems/applications.
- Identify data needs for business units and operational capabilities, ensure business value is achieved via integration with technology and process is realized.
- Apply data governance principles to both IT and OT data landscape by conducting insightful data impact assessments working closed with the business. Identify and record data risks, consult and build remediation strategies to reduce data risks.
- Maintain and work within data governance technologies and the use of data to support data governance monitoring in a big data environment with particular focus on Azure data management and protection capabilities.
- Monitor operational data management procedures and performance.
What We Are Looking For:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience within data management, compliance, security, and governance program delivery that includes at least 4 years in information security and governance leading Enterprise Compliance and Governance Program.
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices.
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection.
- Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues.
- Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design.
- Knowledge of risk data architecture and technology solutions.
- Internally and externally recognized subject matter expert that influence the way things are done.
- Bachelors or Master’s in Computer Science, MIS, or Information Management.
- Experience in Azure DevOps and Scrum work management practices.
- Experience in Azure Cloud Platform.
- Collaborative mindset geared toward mentoring of peers.
- A safety minded individual to support and maintain a positive safety culture by following all safety policies and procedures and actively contributing to a safe working environment.
You Can Stand Out If:
- You are passionate about driving a DataOps mindset and culture in a fast-paced, challenging environment where you get the opportunity to work with a spectrum of tools and technologies to drive forward “data governance delivery”.
- You are responsible by practicing Responsible Care® in your day-to-day work to ensure safety, health, and environmental stewardship, which is the cornerstone of NOVA Chemicals culture.
- You are innovative and eager to experiment with new ideas and technologies by measuring the impact of emerging technologies and recommend improvements.
- You are collaborative by aligning yourself on team goals and being deliberately inclusive to encourage every voice of the team.
- This position can be located at any NOVA Chemicals location in Canada.
- Relocation is not available for this position.
Location: CalgaryAlberta, Canada
- CalgaryAlberta, Canada
- Date Posted
- 21 Jun 2021
Technician, DCSrecruiting@novachem.com – Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org
Job ID : 750 Closing Date : 07/01/2021 Job Category : Manufacturing Location : Geismar Site Will relocation be considered for this position: No Who We Are: NOVA Chemicals develops and manufactures chemicals and plastic resins that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier. Our employees work to ensure health, safety, security and environmental stewardship through our commitment to sustainability and Responsible Care®. NOVA Chemicals, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, is wholly-owned ultimately by Mubadala Investment Company of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. NOVA Chemicals helps shape a world where products vital to our health and happiness are even better tomorrow than they are today. We are seeking talented and passionate people who enjoy working in a collaborative, innovative environment to join our dynamic team. Through our commitment to Responsible Care®, we take pride in our focus on safety and responsibility. We are currently seeking a DCS Technician to join our Maintenance team at our Geismar, LA manufacturing site. The required DCS Technician assists the NOVA Controls Engineers and maintains the DCS at a system/hardware level. You Will Use Your Expertise To:
- Monitor and optimize the DCS system (including software/hardware) to reduce downtime on consoles, HMIs, peripherals.
- Respond and diagnose System Alarms, Hardware failures, Software ‘hang-ups’.
- Coordination of DCS, PLC, SIS Preventative maintenance.
- Interface with cross functional Control Maintenance Technicians (IT, AN, EL) on field troubleshooting activities.
- Integrate, execute, and commission DCS projects, FCMs, and upgrades.
- Control Network monitoring, management, upgrades, and optimization.
- Maintain, standardize and modify High-Performance HMI Graphics.
- Assist with DCS related FCM review, AOA, and Controls Engineering tasks.
- A demonstrated commitment to Responsible Care® practices and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A self-starter mindset, capable of operating independently and as a contributor in a team setting.
- A mechanical aptitude and technical knowledge, and the ability to work effectively with Maintenance, Operations and Engineering Teams.
- An ability to manage workload with minimal supervision, managing multiple projects and tasks in a dynamic teamwork environment with good prioritization skills.
- Experience with Honeywell controls systems (Experion PKS, TDC 3000).
- Experience with HPM and/or C300 Controllers and Allen Bradley PLCs.
- Experience with SIS Systems (Triconex, AADvance, FSC) will be considered an asset.
- A working knowledge of computers, with preference given to the Microsoft suite of products and SAP.
- A strong ability in establishing new and maintaining existing preventative maintenance programs.
- A willingness to work overtime and accept callouts when required.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of SAP, well developed Excel and analytical abilities, and a growth mindset.
- You are passionate about your work and put care and thought into all that you do.
- You are responsible and follow through with your commitments to others and to safety.
- You are innovative and are willing to challenge your biases when problem solving.
- You are collaborative, inclusive, and work well with others towards team goals.
- This position will be located at NOVA Chemicals Manufacturing site in Geismar, LA.
- This position will require the successful candidate to respond to off-hours support requests, including weekends and/or holidays for turnarounds and/or operational upsets and participates in a weekly call out rotation.
- Intercompany cross border relocation is not available for this position.
- Relocation is not available for this position.
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram for company news.
- Follow us on Linkedin and Glassdoor for job updates.
- Read more on our Responsible Care® and sustainability initiatives like Project STOP
Location: GeismarLouisiana, United States
- GeismarLouisiana, United States
- Date Posted
- 21 Jun 2021