Full-Time DE&S HR Senior Business Partner
£45,900 – £54,000 per annum (plus benefits).
Permanent & Fixed Term
Length of employment
Permanent & Fixed Term for 12 months
Join an integral part of the UK’s Defence and play your part in the procurement and in-service support of all our armed forces’ equipment, from fighter jets, armoured vehicles, submarines and aircraft carriers, to clothing, food, and ammunition. If you have the pride, passion and commitment to be part of an exciting organisation at the forefront of supporting our country’s armed forces deliver on operations at home and abroad, then apply online now!
DE&S are looking for several Senior HR Business Partners to join our dynamic and diverse team. You will be working as part of a wider business facing team with responsibility for leading team members to drive positive changes in people management across the organisation.
You will deliver comprehensive HR solutions and services within your area and lead a team of HR professionals responsible for supporting and embedding of our strategic people agenda as well as driving behavioural change through our usual HR calendar of activity, for example performance management. Building relationships is paramount and you will need to build various strong, engaging and supportive relationships with main stakeholders across your business area, becoming a key and trusted advisor. The work is exciting and complex, a fantastic challenge for an HR professional looking to build on their experience, including people management responsibility.
Support the Head of HR in setting and working to the strategic people agenda for your business (Domain and/or Function) area.
• Deliver a seamless, quality HR service which will include the management of key stakeholder relationships with business leaders, Trade Unions, external service providers and HR Centres of Expertise.
• Engage with senior stakeholders (SLG Team Leader/Corporate Function Manager and above) on a regular basis to develop relevant HR strategies, policies and procedures which meet business requirements in addition to providing strategic HR advice.
• Act as the trusted advisor to your business senior management teams whilst providing advice, coaching and facilitation.
• Interpret management information and provide business insight to drive innovation, change and improvement into the business and people practice and policy.
• Manage complex business or function projects e.g. re-organisations (multi-functional), new ways of working that are novel or contentious.
• Manage a team of HR colleagues within the business, providing development and coaching opportunities where necessary.
• Collaborative working across the HRBP teams and wider HR function.
What you will be assessed against
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
• Experience of operating at a senior HR level in a large complex organisation together with relevant work experience as an HR Business Partner.
• Proven extensive Stakeholder experience including influencing, liaising and presenting information to senior stakeholders.
• Evidence of proven extensive experience in building and maintaining relationships.
• Evidence of organisational development interventions resulting in business change and tangible outputs.
• Evidence of coaching and developing others.
It would benefit your application should be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
• Chartered CIPD Member. Advanced (level 7) HR qualifications or equivalent experience.
• Experience of developing strategy, improving and adapting tools and techniques.
• Experience of leading significant organisational change, performance management, talent, workforce planning and development.
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following technical competencies:
• Business Facing HR
• Employee Relations
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following behaviours:
• Communicating and influencing
• Changing and improving
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Find out more about what we offer by clicking here
Applicants should be aware that any move across the Civil Service may have implications on an employee’s ability to carry on claiming childcare vouchers.
About your team
Our HR function sets strategic direction and helps develop the highly skilled and inclusive workforce needed to drive exceptional performance. Through strong stakeholder engagement, HR provides dedicated people management processes, policies and services to support DE&S to deliver its outputs. We are integral to operational delivery.
Please click the link below to apply by creating an account and upload your details.
Please find ‘The Little Book of Big Benefits’ here
This post is not eligible for relocation allowances.
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check.
People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.
Selection process details
Simply click on the apply button to create an account and upload your CV which clearly demonstrates the following areas (which you will be assessed against):
• Key Achievements
• Relevant Experience
• Applied Knowledge and Skills
For additional guidance on writing a CV for DE&S, please click here
Firstly we’ll check that you meet the essential criteria that are listed for the role. If you do, we’ll then carry out a more detailed review of your CV to see if your qualifications and experience are a good match for the role(s).
If you’re successful, we’ll invite you to an interview so you can meet us, discuss your Key Achievements, Relevant Experience and Applied knowledge & Skills. In addition to the above, you’ll also be assessed against a technical competence and the listed behaviours, aligned to our DE&S Behaviours which can be found attached at the bottom of the page.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission’s recruitment principles.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. As such, we run a Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
How to ApplyApply before 11:55 pm on Sunday 1st November 2020
Follow link to applyPlease click here to apply
50 total views, 5 today