Full-Time Software Engineer II
Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Internalize the HeavyWater vision, manifesto, and rapidly deliver high quality software. Develops core versions of software applications for sale to external clients. Identifies clients’ purchasing requirements and technical specifications through Product Management and/or client representatives. Interacts with engineering groups t o assist in the design changes to equipment and/or software. Trains and communicates with clients on systems application.
We’re a team of developers and product enthusiasts engineering a next generation Artificially Intelligent Virtual Assistant known as AIVA. AIVA works alongside operators, loan officers and lenders to make their jobs more efficient. Each quarter, she reads millions of documents and then summarizes significant data points for her colleagues to review. Although she’s early career, she already has cut down certain manual tasks from 30 minutes to just 8 minutes.
Our team employs leading-edge cloud computing technology and leverages Amazon Web Services to build AIVA’s infrastructure. Her make-up is well beyond mainstream workflow automation/RPA. We’re continuously training AIVA’s lexicon to give her context to what she’s studying. We tinker with algorithms an d build deep learning networks to fortify her skill sets as she reads through bank statements, pay stubs, W2s and more. Most importantly, we capitalize on HUGE data sets from our enterprise clients (yes…that’s right we have access to the data), so we can optimize our feature selection at scale. Note–this was all made possible because we’re now a subsidiary of Black Knight
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Collaborate with the scrum team to take a feature from requirements through actual launch.
* Provides design development of projects involving application development, migrations, and additions to existing applications.
* Participates in project meetings with other technical staff, business owners and subject matter experts.
* Assesses and develops design requirements for project and communicates in writing or in meetings with development team while assessing detailed specifications against design requirements.
* Tune and optimize open source optical character recognition (OCR) packages to extract text from high volume streams of noise scanned business documents (~100k per day).
* Build and maintain continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) code pipelines using GIT, AWS CodePipeline and other best of breed CI/CD tools.
* Train and develop machine learning algorithms to classify insurance, mortgage, tax and banking documents.
* Analyze human data entry, develop statistical models and measures of error to improve OCR detection and entity extraction using AWS EMR jobs and RedShift.
* Integrate with centralized OAuth authentication and authorization system to enable secure login/logout.
* Develops and/or reviews development of test protocols for testing application before user acceptance.
* Reviews application in progress of development to ensure compliance with overall design parameters and corporate development standards.
* Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
* Monitor system operation to detect potential problems.
* Document design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information.
* Performs additional related duties as assigned.
There is room for a range of skills. Some you already have and some you will quickly gain when you are here.
* Agile (Scaled Agile Framework)
* Machine Learning (Natural Language Processing ,Vision , Classification , Search)
* DevOps (Infrastructure as Code , Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery)
* Behavioral Driven Development
* Design and Architecture
* Cloud (AWS)
* Languages (Java , AngularJS , Python)
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience that is required for the specific job level.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Experience developing machine learning experiments using programming languages with machine learning libraries and deploying these machine learning solutions into production strongly preferred
* Knowledge and experience with Agile software methodology as well as end-to-end systems development life cycles (e.g., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development)
* Experience with AWS , DevOPs, CI/CD
* Experience building production quality cloud products
* Experience building and supporting applications
* In-depth understanding of design patterns and their application
* Excellent analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
* Fluency in developing and understanding sequence diagrams, class models, etc.
* Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
* Ability to develop partnership-oriented relationships with business executives and functional leaders, especially as it relates to operations and technology
* Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with focus on timeliness, documentation, and communications with peers and business users alike
* Experience with project management
* Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels within Black Knight or outside the organization (executives, regulators, clients, etc.)
* Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
* Results oriented, business focused, and successful at interfacing across multiple organizational units
* Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
Computer Systems Engineer II
Intermediate professional role. Proficient in at least two higher-level programming languages and knowledge of at least one systems development life cycle model. Understands the products, services, practices, regulations and operations associated with the assigned line of business. Conducts detailed analyses of all defined systems specifications for changes in systems requirements, business requirements or equipment configurations, and develops all levels of logic flow charts. Develops and prepares moderately complex computer programs, prepares program test data, tests and debugs programs. Documents all procedures used throughout the computer program when it is formally established. Receives general supervision and is competent in most phases of programming to work on own, and requires only some general direction for the balance of the activities. May assist and help train entry level software enginee rs. Typically requires five or more years of software engineering work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Black Knight is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and protected veteran or military family status. Our employees’ diversity is our strength, and when we embrace our differences, it makes us better and brighter. Black Knight’s commitment to inclusion is at the core of who we are, and motivates us in how we do business each and every day.
How to ApplyApplication URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWVnYW4uZ2l1ZmZvLjgzNTk3LjEwNTk0QGJsYWNra25pZ2h0ZmluLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ
110 total views, 1 today