Full-Time Program Manager, Citizen Diplomacy Action Fund
About Global Ties U.S.
Global Ties U.S. powers individuals, communities, and nations to build trust and advance peace and prosperity through international exchange. Through our Network of citizen ambassadors – the country’s most established and largest – we connect nearly 100 communities across the United States to the world through international exchange. Each year, through the flagship International Visitor Leadership Program and other exchange and public diplomacy programs, our local members welcome thousands of international leaders in civil society, government, and the private sector into their communities, building alliances to tackle our toughest transnational challenges and enriching U.S. communities, both socially and economically.
The Program Manager is responsible for the Citizen Diplomacy Action Fund as part of Global Ties U.S.‘ work with the Alumni Affairs Office at the U.S. Department of State. The Fund represents an extraordinary opportunity for alumni of United States exchange programs to be changemakers in U.S. and international communities on timely issues through community service projects in the United States and abroad. The Program Manager will be responsible for distributing $1 million through 120-150 domestic and international teams of exchange alumni over the course of three years to create positive change in communities that align with U.S. foreign policy goals, such as fighting climate change and strengthening democratic institutions.
The Program Manager for the Citizen Diplomacy Action Fund will work closely with the Program Manager for Career Connections and the Global Ties U.S. Finance and Operations team to provide excellent customer service related to alumni teams. They will also support reporting, grant management, budgeting, and analysis. The successful candidate must be hands-on and ready to step in wherever needed within a small team.
Reports to: Team Leader, Training & Community Development
Location: This position is based in Washington, DC with telework opportunities
Application Deadline: November 17, 2021
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
Citizen Diplomacy Action Fund
- Application Process Creation & Maintenance
- Create, maintain, and continuously improve a straightforward application process for the participants, while also ensuring that it meets federal compliance requirements, focuses on both outputs and outcomes, and is directly tied to U.S. foreign policy objectives of the Educational and Cultural Affairs Bureau;
- Organize one round in each fiscal year for the Fund for three years, supporting 40-50 alumni teams a year.
- Work with the Strategic Communications & External Affairs team to announce application rounds for the Fund and to amplify proposal-writing learning opportunities;
- Coordinate with Global Ties Network members and other strategic partners to ensure that the Fund is amplified on their respective various platforms;
- Maintain an easy-to-navigate rolling FAQ on the Global Ties U.S. website to publicly address questions regarding the Fund;
- Work with the Strategic Communications & External Affairs team to develop storytelling around various Fund projects.
- Alumni Professional Development Support
- Work with the Program Manager, Career Connections to develop a series of proposal-writing and budgeting workshops each year for alumni, to be delivered via virtual and in-person platforms, in addition to living on our asynchronous learning platform;
- Develop, maintain, and continuously improve a process for the pairing of Global Ties U.S. international partners, affiliates, and/or associates who are U.S.-sponsored exchange alumni with U.S. exchange alumni for Citizen Diplomacy Action Fund teams;
- Be available to give guidance to alumni regarding all elements of the Fund.
- Selection Process Creation & Maintenance
- Facilitate the selection process of alumni teams each year with the Alumni Office at the Educational and Cultural Affairs Bureau;
- Assist with developing, maintaining, and continuously improving a process to identify viable applications and a timetable for easy selection of teams.
- Award Distribution & Reporting
- Develop, maintain, and continuously improve a process for award distribution with selected teams via our platform, Submittable; distribute funding accordingly in partnership with the Finance and Operations Team;
- Develop, maintain, and continuously improve a reporting process for alumni teams to ensure compliance for the spending of funds with Global Ties U.S.;
- Coordinate project closeouts and create performance reports mid-year, at the end of each year, and also on-demand, that include results of funding distributed, and notable findings, summaries of interim, and final project reports;
- Monitor and evaluate the process for the Fund, including surveying past participants about their experience to ensure there is a complete feedback loop.
Global Ties U.S. International Affiliates & Associates Coordination
- Serve as the main point of contact at Global Ties U.S. for International Affiliates (U.S. exchange alumni groups worldwide) and International Associates (U.S. exchange alumni individuals worldwide);
- Work with the Program Manager, Training & Community Development to provide two targeted webinar learning opportunities per year, in addition to access to Member Portals and other Global Ties U.S. events, including the annual National Meeting
- Five years of professional experience relevant to this position
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, education, or a related field.
- Strong project management skills including demonstrated attention to detail as well as the ability to work under pressure while ensuring efficacy through process management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Proactive and self-motivated with experience working across multiple departments in a dynamic environment; Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated exceptional attention to detail as well as the ability to work under pressure while ensuring efficacy through process management.
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office (including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, SharePoint), and/or other Internet-based or desktop databases and software.
- Proven ability to work well with a diverse staff of all levels.
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- M.A. in international education, nonprofit management, or related field
- Experience in developing complex processes and managing budgets in a cost-effective manner
- Strong experience with Excel and payment processing software, like Quickbooks
- Experience directly managing and implementing programs with multiple stakeholders and audiences, including knowledge of marketing and market research to promote programs
- Knowledge of international exchange program implementation, administration, and planning
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, stakeholders, and program participants
- Ability to play a leadership role in developing new partnerships that help strengthen the organization’s events and training offerings
BENEFITS & SALARY
- Salary Range: $65,000-$72,000
- Mission-driven organization
- Collaborative, flexible environment
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term / Short-term disability insurance
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
- 403(b) retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits
- Generous paid leave policies (vacation, sick, personal, parental, family medical, etc)
- Mobile phone use reimbursement ($50/month)
- Limited telework available
Global Ties U.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Read more about our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at https://www.globaltiesus.org/our-story/diversity-equity-and-inclusion/.
How to ApplyPlease apply on our website here.
311 total views, 0 today