Full-Time Program Coordinator – Enrollment Services
Clark College is currently accepting applications for a full-time, permanent classified Program Coordinator to work at the main campus within the Enrollment Services department. This position will provide general information to and assist students with the process of enrollment and support enrollment daily functions. The hours for this position are Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm, including occasional nights and weekends.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, core themes, and objectives of the college. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Process routine student enrollment transactions including all functions associated with applying for admissions, course registration, major declaration, evaluate and enter placement scores, and other Enrollment Services functions.
• Facilitate resolution to procedural issues; problem solve with applicable stakeholders to resolve enrollment issues.
• Meet regularly with Student Affairs personnel to stay informed of changes in procedure and policy.
• Cross-train and keep up-to-date with other Student Affairs departments.
• Organize and support document flow within Enrollment Services.
• Represent Clark College Enrollment Services at various campus and local committee meetings and events, as assigned.
• Receive and refer incoming calls for campus switchboard.
• Run reports to determine admissions fee payment, process applications, transcript intake and scan and link documents utilizing imaging software.
• Participate in training associated with PeopleSoft implementation.
• Serve as a back-up in all Enrollment Services functional areas as needed and appropriate.
• Perform related duties as required.
Position Requirements and Competencies:
Candidates will be evaluated based on application materials, including the supplemental questions and personal interview(s), and will be required to demonstrate competencies in the following areas:
• Education: Associate’s degree OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience: One year customer service or clerical experience in a busy office setting. Experience in community college environment preferred.
• Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
• Supervisory or lead experience: Ability to supervise and mentor staff and effectively teach skills that will increase effectiveness.
• Computer Skills: Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and specialized database systems such as Secure92 or comparable software/systems. Experience with relational databases, specifically PeopleSoft and web-based software preferred.
• Critical Analysis Skills: Ability to identify issues and offer alternative solutions; interpret law, regulations and policies; possess balanced judgment in decision making.
• Communication Skills: Effectively communicate with diverse populations both internally and externally; ability to listen and process information, and acknowledge differences in communication styles. Bi-lingual preferred.
Job Readiness/Working Conditions:
• Provide professional and friendly customer service at a first floor, open-access desk.
• Ability and willingness to work independently with minimal supervision and meet performance goals.
• Ability to provide excellent communication and utilize a multi functioning phone line for the campus.
• Ability and willingness to sit and work at a computer for long periods of time.
• Ability to adapt to and respond positively to change in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to multi-task, providing customer service at the front desk while completing other job responsibilities.
• Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule outside of a typical 8am-5pm shift, including occasional nights and weekends.
• Interest in working with and helping people navigate enrollment processes using computer applications.
• The initial appointment will include a 6-month probationary period and the employee will earn permanent status after successfully completing probation.
• This position is represented by Washington Public Employees Association.
• Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Starting Salary: $2,844/month Range: 37 Code: 107N
Benefits package includes insurance, retirement, annual and sick leave, disability, flexible spending account, and tuition waiver.
Required application materials must be completed and submitted online by 3 p.m., July 17, 2019.
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS:
• Clark College online application
• Current resume
• Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online application process
Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133. The most recent Annual Security Report can be viewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
June 26, 2019
How to ApplyPlease apply at www.clark.edu/jobs!
1067 total views, 0 today