Part-Time Program and Development Coordinator
Status: Part-time. Flexible hours. Will work remotely. Minimal travel post Covid-19.
Sam and Devorah Foundation encourages qualified applications from underrepresented groups and strongly encourages individuals who are transgender/nonbinary. We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all candidates based on merit.
Sam & Devorah Foundation for Transgender Youth supports transgender and nonbinary youth by offering safe spaces and programs where they can connect, thrive and be empowered. We offer weekend teen retreats, leadership retreats, programs for young adults and a national e-mentoring program, Trans Mentor Project. Website: https://www.samdevorah.org.
Are you a creative thinker, action-oriented and passionate about supporting trans and nonbinary youth? As our Program and Development Coordinator you will be a key driver of our mission and have a positive impact on the lives of the youth we serve. This is a unique opportunity to develop a range of skills and be intimately involved with all of us at Sam & Devorah Foundation. The responsibilities listed below are essential, however we are willing to train.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
Program Development and Coordination
- Assist in the development and implementation of new programs and workshops for trans youth and young adults, including designing workshops and activities, writing program materials, overseeing program logistics.
- Help coordinate existing events and retreats.
- Assist in further developing internship program; supervise interns.
- Opportunity to create new events.
- Social media management including creating social media posts, increasing followers and our online presence.
- Oversee content and publication of quarterly newsletter, including writing, soliciting contributors, and managing subscriber list.
- Update website content.
- Network with community groups, the media and other organizations involved with the trans and nonbinary community.
- Develop and implement strategies for recruiting program participants.
- Attend conferences; coordinate and represent Foundation’s table.
- Oversee correspondence for Foundation’s general email account.
- Manage donor/direct mail platform
- Assist with implementation of fundraising events.
- Associate degree or higher.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Comfortable working remotely.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Strong interpersonal and human relation skills.
- Ability to multitask while maintaining a strong sense of focus.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Strong organizational abilities and attention to detail.
- Experience managing a website is a plus.
Salary and Benefits:
- This is a 20 hour per week position. Compensation is $20-23 per hour.
- Health insurance contribution.
- Flexible work from home schedule.
- Paid holidays and vacation time.
- Annual personal growth and professional development stipend.
How to ApplyInterested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to: Beth@samdevorah.org
592 total views, 0 today