Full-Time Private Practice Therapist
Change, Inc. was founded in 2013, offering down-to-earth, non-judgmental counseling in South City, St. Louis, and beyond. What started as a single therapist in a single location with no admin staff or colleagues now boasts 2 locations and over 20 staff, and conducts 1400+ counseling sessions per month!!
Change, Inc. is currently serving a large number of LGBTQIIA+ clients and is looking for counselors who specialize in treatment of LGBTQIIA+ persons. Approximately 50%+ of your caseload is likely to be with LGBTQIIA+ persons, and approximately <50% will be others (ratio varies with incoming requests for counseling).
Here’s what you should know about working with us:
1. You’ll work for us just 3 days per week, 11am to 9pm, typically one weekend day is required for the first year.
2. You’ll have a full counseling caseload after 90-days (seeing approximately 25 clients per week across your 3 days).
3. You’ll be provided clinical supervision (even if you’re fully licensed) for the entire duration of your contract. We also provide:
- continuing education reimbursement
- free annual admission to a conference
- quarterly therapeutic “group experiences” where a facilitator leads a process group aimed at helping you receive the support you need to manage the difficulty associated with being a therapist
- in-house process-experiential groups lead by a certified Gestalt therapist, aimed at helping you learn new skills opportunities to grow with your peers that are simply not offered anywhere else in STL:
- twice yearly social events paid for entirely by the company, with our entire team — no agenda but to hang out and build community!.
- employee-driven social events organized by our tongue-in-cheek “FUN! Committee”
NOTE: We know that personal lived experiences and identities impact our professional clinical work. As this position is focused on working with LGBTQIIA+ clients, having one or more shared identities is invaluable. Thus, we highly encourage members of these groups to apply.
Fully Licensed Clinicians working 3 days per week:
- Year 1: $50-$60,000 — Negotiated hourly fee commensurate with therapist licensure and experience.
- Year 2: Average $60-$70,000 — Eligible for %-based compensation!!!
Provisionally Licensed Clinicians working 3 days per week:
- Year 1:
$34 to $38/hour ($3400/month / $40,800/year to $3800/month / $45,600/year)
- Year 2:4-10% raise with performance!!!
$36 to $40/hour ($3600/month / $43,200/year to $4000/month $48,000/year)
- Year 3: Eligible for %-based compensation!!!
Average starts at $50-$60,000
QUALIFICATIONS (****Please read****):
Please note the following qualifications:
- Documented Master’s degree or higher in Counseling or related field.
- Experience in mental health at-large, and some actual counseling experience.
- Required: At minimum, provisional licensure — PLPC, LMSW, PLMFT, etc.
- Preferred: Documented Licensure as an unrestricted, non-supervision-required Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) (if in MO) or LCPC (if coming from IL), Social Worker (LCSW), or Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT).
- Preferred : Approved supervisor status
- 2 years
How to ApplyHOW TO APPLY:
- Please visit and read: http://changeincorporated.org/employment-opportunities
- Reply to this ad with your resume. ***Please no phone calls, emails, visits, or other inquiries prior to being contacted by us.***
240 total views, 0 today