Full-Time Nursing Supervisor
Agency: Department of Human Services
Location: Anna, IL, US, 62906-1652
Opening Date: 9/12/2023
Closing Date: 10/13/2023
Posting ID: 10-80-30064
Salary: Anticipated Salary: $8,490 – $9,096 per month. ($101,880 – $109,152 per year)
Work Location: 1000 N Main St Anna, IL 62906-1652
Work Hours: Mon – Fri, 2:45pm – 11:00pm; Works one weekend per month.
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
****A RESUME IS REQUIRED FOR THIS JOB POSTING****
Please attach a DETAILED Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV), a copy of your transcripts or diploma for all degrees earned, and a copy of any applicable professional licensures to the MY DOCUMENTS section of your application. Please note that the Department of Human Services must verify proof of higher education for any degree earned (if applicable) before any offer can be extended. You WILL NOT be considered for the position if you attach a CMS100, CMS100b or any other document in lieu of a Resume or CV.
The Division of Developmental Disabilities is seeking to hire an energetic and detail-oriented licensed Registered Nurse to review program needs, setting priorities and assigning nursing staff to ensure compliance with standards of care and practice, facility and department policies and compliance with applicable standards, including the American Coalition of Citizens with Disabilities (ACCD), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), and the Office of Inspector General (OIG) for the Choate Mental Health and Developmental Center in Anna. Choate Mental Health and Developmental Center offers a variety of treatment programs and services including but not limited to: Psychiatric/psychological, medical/physical, social, educational, vocational/rehabilitation, recreational, speech, language and hearing, pharmacy, dental and dietary services, and referrals and special consultations for individuals with developmental disabilities and/or intellectual disabilities.
- Serves as Nursing Supervisor for the Choate Mental Health and Developmental Center.
- Serves as full line supervisor.
- Reviews work needs, improvements and health/safety issues.
- Documents individual’s work performance on 201R’s within scheduled time frames based on observation of nursing care practices and procedures.
- Coordinates and is a nursing representative for committee/professional activities, task groups and other quality assurance related activities.
- Schedules training and demonstrations in nursing care practices and techniques
- Works cooperatively with Habilitation Program Coordinators in ensuring quality care is provided.
- Serves as an Administrator on Duty (AOD) on a rotating basis, exercising full authority after business hours, weekends and holidays.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
- Requires licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois.
- Requires knowledge, skill, and mental development equivalent to the completion of four (4) years of college with course work in nursing.
- Requires prior experience equivalent to three (3) years of progressively responsible professional nursing experience in a public or business organization.
Preferred Qualifications (in priority order)
- Three (3) years of professional nursing experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities and/or developmental disabilities.
- Three (3) years of professional experience supervising professional nursing staff.
- Three (3) years of professional experience recommending and implementing nursing policies and procedures relative to latest trends and nursing standards.
- One (1) year of professional experience reviewing program needs, setting priorities, and assigning nursing staff to ensure compliance with standards of care and practice for a public or private organization.
- One (1) year of professional experience training nursing staff on nursing care practices and techniques.
- One (1) year of professional nursing experience communicating in verbal or written form with patients and/or individuals.
- One (1) year of professional experience completing and conducting employee performance evaluations.
- One (1) year of professional experience recommending and implementing disciplinary actions following collective bargaining agreements.
- One (1) year of professional experience performing quality assurance assessments on nursing services and treatments provided to patients and/or individuals.
Conditions of Employment
- Requires ability to pass the IDHS background check.
- Requires ability to pass a drug screen for drugs prohibited from recreational use under Illinois Law.
- Requires the ability to meet all agency vaccine/health-related policies and guidance.
- Requires ability to work after business hours, weekends and holidays or a rotation basis as Administrator on Duty (AOD).
- Requires the ability to use common office equipment, including computers.
*The conditions of employment listed here are incorporated and related to any of the job duties as listed in the job description.
About the Agency:
The Illinois Department of Human Services serves families in need all across Illinois. Our mission is providing equitable access to social services, supports, programs and resources to enhance the lives of all who we serve. We are committed to the core values of Human Dignity, Equity, Community, Urgency, Transparency and Kindness.
As a State of Illinois Employee, you will receive a robust benefit package that includes the following:
A Pension Program
Competitive Group Insurance Benefits including Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
3 Paid Personal Business Days annually
12 Paid Sick Days annually (Sick days carry over from year to year)
10-25 Days of Paid Vacation time annually – (10 days in year one of employment)
*Personal, Sick, & Vacation rates modified for 12-hour Work Schedules (as applicable)
13 Paid Holidays annually, 14 on even numbered years
Flexible Work Schedules (when available dependent upon position)
10 Weeks Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
Deferred Compensation Program – A supplemental retirement plan
Optional Pre-Tax Programs such as Medical Care Assistance Plan (MCAP), Dependent Care Assistance Plan (DCAP)
Tuition Reimbursement Program and Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program eligibility
5% Salary Differential for Bilingual Positions
Commuter Savings Program (Chicago only)
For more information about our benefits please follow this link: https://www2.illinois.gov/cms/benefits/Pages/default.aspx
How to Apply*** MUST APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE **** https://illinois.jobs2web.com/job-invite/30064/
81 total views, 1 today