Full-Time IT Application Development – Senior/Specialist (Application Supervisor)
Safe communities for Washington State
Promote public safety and trust through fair administration and enforcement of liquor, tobacco, cannabis and vapor laws
This recruitment is open until filled. First review of applications will be August 17, 2023. The hiring authority reserves the right and may exercise the option to make a hiring decision at any time. We encourage all to apply as early as possible.
This position is currently eligible to telework. This position will be working on a team that currently works remotely and only in the office as needed. This position is a division leadership position and will be expected to meet the needs of business regarding remote and hybrid work as business needs evolve.
Who we are
The mission of the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board (WSLCB) is to promote public safety and trust through fair administration, education and enforcement of liquor, cannabis, tobacco, and vapor laws. We search for people who demonstrate a strong work ethic, excellence in customer service, partnering and teamwork, and quality performance.
We want to create a culture that fosters excellence in customer service, open and honest communication, transparency and accountability, data driven decisions, and business-initiated process improvement.
Our commitment to DEIB
The WSLCB strives to promote Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB) in all aspects of our work. This includes a commitment to our workforce and external stakeholders.
It is our mission to build, educate, and inspire an inclusive environment that recognizes, respects, and celebrates diversity in the workplace and in the community we serve. We are committed to maintaining a thriving culture where employees and those we serve feel safe and accepted regardless of education, background, or beliefs. As a WSLCB team member, you will have opportunity to join statewide business resource groups (BRGs) such as, Rainbow Alliance and Inclusion Network, Veteran Employee Resource Group, Latino Leadership Network, Blacks United in Leadership and Diversity, Disability Inclusion Network, Washington Immigrant Network and Hawaiians, Asians, and Pacific Islanders Promoting an Empowerment Network.
The WSLCB Information Technology Services Division is announcing an exciting opportunity for an IT Application Development – Senior/Specialist (Application Supervisor) at Olympia, WA. This position reports to the Application Manager in the WSLCB’s Information Technology Services Division (ITSD).
The Application team serves to define business technical needs, design, develop and maintain software solutions for WSLCB that are innovative, secure, and meet IT industry standards. The Application team consists of the WSLCB’s application developers and system administrators and data developers.
In this role, you will supervise two application developers and three system administrators. You will establish and enforce functional standards related to application development, system administration, data development and reporting, ensure alignment with project processes established by the agency’s Project Management Office (PMO). You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of application development, system administration and data standards, policies, and processes.
If you have an interest in serving as agency’s highest technical expert in establishing and maintaining the agencies application development methodologies and designing and developing system integration and custom solutions, we encourage you to apply to be a part of the WLSCB team!
WSLCB provides a modern work environment and excellent benefits including:
- A comprehensive benefits package (including but not limited to Medical/Dental/Vision, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance etc.)
- Paid Vacation, Leave, and Holidays
- Tuition Waiver (enrollment in courses at state universities/colleges on a space availability basis – all or a portion of the tuition/fees may be waived for state employees)
- Tuition reimbursement (courses taken with prior approval in order to further employee’s career development with the WSLCB)
- Training and career development programs (including online courses and LinkedIn Learning)
- A healthy work/life balance (this may include flexible/alternative work schedules and telework/remote work opportunities, when possible)
- Employee Assistance Program – confidential program created to promote the health, safety and well-being of public service employees
- Generous wellness program (we offer reimbursements for certain fitness related activities)
- Onsite exercise facility (for employees working at WSLCB Headquarter Building in Olympia)
- Infants at Work Program to promote parent and infant bonding, parental well-being and healthy infant development. Depending on your job duties, work location and supervisor approval, eligible employees who are new mothers, fathers or legal guardians can bring their infant (six weeks to six months) when they return to work.
- Free parking
Some of the duties you will perform are:
- Provide direct supervision of application development personnel, establish position objectives and expectations.
- Establish short-term objectives and long-term application development services roadmap; engage staff and colleagues in collaborate development of short and long-term objectives; obtain manager review and approval of long-term technical roadmap; ensure alignment with division’s approved technology roadmap.
- Oversee the planning, research, and write enterprise application architecture and coding standards.
- Ensure functional life cycle management standards are designed, documented, communicated, and updated on a regular basis.
- Analyze the performance of the development activities and documented resolutions. Identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service to prevent future problems.
- Develop and implement request handling and escalation policies and procedures. The expected outcome aligns escalation policies and procedures with expectations of the business owners, stakeholders, division, and agency.
- Utilize subject matter expertise and advanced research skills to conduct documented cost, benefit and risk analysis for proposed projects, modifications, acquisitions, policies and/or legislation in a timely manner.
- Oversees, develop detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured application architected designs to assure quality, efficient and secure complex software systems and databases for staff, other agencies, and the public to consume daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly work.
- Oversees, establish short-term objectives and long-term application development services roadmap for multiple enterprise level applications; engage staff and colleagues in collaborate development of short and long-term objectives; obtain manager review and approval of long-term technical roadmap; ensure alignment with division’s approved technology roadmap.
- Develop complex, user intuitive, ADA compliance, and secure web user-interfaces which includes secure architecture design, coding, unit test, function tests, system tests, and implementation.
- Architect application components, APIs and web services for re-usable code.
- Plan, design, document, review and write code to create, enhance or fix application components.
- Using SQL Server Integration Services to build integration with custom application, support Custom-Off the Shelf (COTS) and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) software and services.
- Coordinate with COTS and SaaS vendors, application administrators and technical staff on defining technical integration, logging, reporting and security requirements, implementing, upgrades, enhancements, and security patches.
- Verify and validate successful code migration and implementation including code review of Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) systems.
- Write code to enhance, improve logging, reporting and security of COTS and SaaS solutions.
- Using SQL Server Analysis Services optimize custom and COTS/SaaS solutions and reports data query performance.
- Using SQL Server Report Services (SSRS) retain the data sets and writing custom SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS) ETL packages to extract transform data and load into WSLCB GIS system (ArcGIS).
Four (4) years of demonstrated professional experience as an application architect and developer.
Three (3) years of demonstrable progressive experience or advanced-level knowledge in:
- .NET Framework, MVC, C#.
- Data reporting using Microsoft and Salesforce reporting tools including SSRS and/or Salesforce Reports.
- Taking business requirements to analyze and design, develop, test, normalize, install, and implement agency databases. Writing T-SQL for create schemas, stored procedures, views, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) ETL packages (extract data from one source (database, API, File, etc.), transform the data per business rules and load into a different source (database, API, File, etc.)
Two (2) years of demonstrable progressive experience or advanced-level knowledge in:
- IT solutions architecture, application designing, building, and maintaining multiple application complex web-based application techniques including version control, automated testing, and continuous integration.
- Analyzing, designing, and implementing enterprise-wide IT solutions which includes multiple applications made up of custom code application and integration plus integrated with COTS/SaaS/PaaS solutions.
Demonstrable progressive experience or advanced-level knowledge in a combination of following:
- Comparing benefits and limitations of open-source software vendor developed software.
- Designing, building, maintaining RESTful web services using C# to build WebAPI, etc.
- Developing and implementing data mining and use of data definition language.
- Evaluating software quality and applicability in testing software capabilities.
- Using evaluation software for validating software APIs, performance, and ADA compatible.
- COTS/SaaS software and able provide integration and security requirements for RFIs and RFPs.
- Unit testing, requirements testing, user testing, load testing, functional, performance/load testing, and regression testing.
- Performing and leading application development and IT project management skill.
- A Bachelor’s degree or above from an accredited college or university in Data Science, Information Technology, Web Development, Computer Science, or related field.
- Working-level knowledge of Cloud Architecture and recent experience developing using PaaS, SaaS, IaaS with focus on scalability, security, and integration challenges.
- Working-level knowledge and recent experience designing and building native and/or hybrid mobile applications for Windows, Android, and iOS. Demonstrable experience with architecting and integrating backend business systems such as email, calendar, and contacts with mobility solutions.
- Working-level knowledge and recent experience building web-based mapping applications using ESRI’s ArcGIS API.
HOW TO APPLY
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY TO ENSURE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED THE REQUIRED MATERIALS TO BE CONSIDERED.
IMPORTANT: To be considered for this position, you MUST include the following, failure to do so will result in your application being disqualified:
- Completed online application.
- Current Resume.
- Letter of Interest describing how you meet the specific qualifications for the position.
- Three professional references to include a current or recent supervisor with email addresses and phone numbers.
**A resume will not substitute for completing the “work experience” section of the application.
The information provided in your application and supplemental questionnaire must support your selected answers in the supplemental questions. Responses not supported in your application will disqualify you for consideration of employment from this recruitment.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Applicants for employment with the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board should also be aware of RCW 66.08.080, which states in part: “No employee of the board shall have any interest, directly or indirectly, in the manufacture of liquor sold under this title, or derive any profit or remuneration from the sale of liquor, other than the salary or wages payable to him in respect of his office or position, and shall receive no gratuity from any person in connection with such business.RCW 69.50.351, no member of the state liquor and cannabis board and no employee of the state liquor and cannabis board shall have any interest, directly or indirectly, in the producing, processing, or sale of cannabis, useable cannabis, or cannabis-infused products, or derive any profit or remuneration from the sale of cannabis, useable cannabis, or cannabis-infused products other than the salary or wages payable to him or her in respect of his or her office or position, and shall receive no gratuity from any person in connection with the business.
The Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from job seekers with diverse backgrounds. Honoring diversity, equity and inclusion means that as an agency, and as individuals, we are committed to ensuring that all employees enjoy a respectful, safe, and supportive working environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, honorably discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation including gender expression or identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability. You are welcome to include your name and gender pronouns in your application, to ensure we address you appropriately throughout the application process.
For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email hr****@lc*.gov or call (360) 664.1720. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
How to ApplyWashington State Liquor and Cannabis Board | . (governmentjobs.com)
29 total views, 1 today