Full-Time Family Advocate
Job Title: Midcoast Children’s Advocacy Center (MCAC) Family Advocate
Job Status: Regular, Full-time (40 hours/week) ($19/hr; Estimated Annual Salary $39,520 plus benefits)
Job Location: Based in Brunswick and Wiscasset, with possible backup support in Rockland/Belfast, if needed
Primary Responsibility: Work on a multi-disciplinary team (MDT) specializing in child sexual abuse with goals of justice and healing. Provide advocacy & referrals to families and children who come to the MCAC following concerns of child sexual abuse in Sagadahoc and Lincoln Counties, and in Knox and Waldo Counties as needed/available.
Representative Family Advocacy Duties:
- Take referrals from investigative partners and schedule Forensic Interview appointments.
- Be the first point of contact for non-offending caregivers and establish rapport with child victims and non-offending caregivers prior to them coming to the MCAC and within the MCAC setting.
- Ensure the Family Room is appropriately ready to accommodate any special considerations that may need to be made for children or non-offending caregivers.
- Provide support for children & non-offending caregivers during the interview process in addition to assisting with referrals to partner agencies (medical, mental health, civil-legal).
- Serve as liaison between non-offending caregivers and MDT partners only for the purpose of referrals with an exchange of limited information.
- Conduct 7-day & 30-day follow up calls with non-offending caregivers. Continue to serve as liaison and offer Caregiver Surveys 100% of the time.
- Work in collaboration with the MCAC Family Advocate (Rockland/Belfast) to coordinate all client coverage and services.
- Enter all required documentation (referral information, client information) into EmpowerDB database and maintain accurate records.
- Work with MDT to collect case outcomes and other data as needed.
- Participate in MDT meetings and case reviews, to review policies and challenging cases with advocacy lens.
- Attend regularly scheduled group clinical supervision with the SASSMM team and program supervision with the MCAC Program Coordinator
- Complete SASSMM 47 hours Advocate Training
- Co-facilitate support groups and Helproom chats, as needed
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work/life experience
- Awareness of and sensitivity to issues of sexual victimization of children and adults
- Experience in crisis and/or other human or advocacy services
- Understanding of the needs and challenges specific to supporting victims within rural communities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Have access to transportation
- Willingness to work flexible hours and respond to changing priorities
- Excellent computer literacy, organizational, facilitation, and oral and written communication skills
Accountability: Accountable to the MCAC Program Coordinator for all CAC programming. Accountable to the Executive Director regarding all agency programming and operations.
How to ApplySubmit an application to email@example.com with a current resume, cover letter of interest, and a list of 3 Reference email addresses.
76 total views, 0 today