Full-TimeFacilities Maintenance Worker
POSITION TITLE: Facilities Maintenance Worker (Job#2018-19)
DEPARTMENT: Facilities Services
SUPERVISOR: Facilities & Print Shop Supervisor
LOCATION: St. Paul, MN
HOURS Full Time-2nd Shift [Tues.-Sat. 2:30 PM – 11:00 PM]
EMPLOYEE GROUP: United Staff of Minnesota
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: 9 Months
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Under the general direction of the Facilities & Print Shop Supervisor, the Facilities Maintenance Worker provide a full range of duties required to clean and maintain building and grounds for the ongoing cleanliness, order, safety and OSHA compliance of the work environment for Education Minnesota building(s) and grounds.
MAJOR FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintenance/custodial duties to include but not limited to cleaning, dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, scrubbing, buffing, cleaning carpets and waxing floors.
• Clean and sanitize restrooms and kitchen/kitchenette areas using best practices and prescribed procedure.
• Empty and clean (wash when necessary) wastebaskets and trash containers.
• Pick up recycling for glass, cans and paper products.
• Replace light bulbs and damaged ceiling tiles.
• Refill restroom dispensers.
• Wash walls, equipment, interior and exterior windows; use ladders when required in work assignments.
• Lock and unlock assigned building: secure building when facilities are not in use; check for unlocked doors, report any unauthorized occupants, turn off lights.
• Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies and use only as directed.
• Perform grounds-keeping related activities such as removing snow or debris from sidewalks and stairs using hand-operated tools or small power equipment.
• Set up conference rooms for meetings, move and re-arrange furniture and equipment and make minor repairs as necessary.
• Move furniture, equipment, supplies and tools on an incidental basis.
• Maintenance and use of power equipment and hand tools; buffers, auto scrubbers, carpet extractors/cleaners, high-pressure washers and high-speed buffers.
• Maintain supply stock for custodial needs and kitchen supplies.
• Other duties of a like or similar nature and the associated responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor or department director.
• Education Minnesota staff, leaders and members
• Vendors and suppliers
• General public
MACHINES AND/OR TOOLS OPERATED:
• MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Cleaning equipment
• Caustic Chemicals
• Personal Computer
• Two-way radio communication
• Mobile electronic devices
• Hand tools and handheld equipment
• Commercial Polisher/Burnishing equipment
• Pallet Jack
Works in a general office environment where there is unrestricted access to occupied and unoccupied secure and private areas; information seen or conversations heard must not be disclosed unless there is a violation of Education Minnesota policies or state/federal law.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ability to make minor construction or building maintenance repairs
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Industry standard cleaning methods, material and equipment
• Knowledge and practice of ladder safety
• Knowledge of Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
• Adherence to OSHA regulations and standards
• Knowledge of proper Bio-hazard cleanup
• Excellent work ethic, ability to learn and apply new protocols with good attention to detail
• Professional appearance & attitude with high degree of integrity
• High school diploma or GED.
• Two (2) years of experience providing custodial/maintenance services for a commercial business or institution.
• One (1) year customer service or service industry experience.
• Prior experience working with Safety Data Sheets (SDS or MSDS)
• Basic proficiency in MS Office applications with emphasis on: Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Two-year post-secondary education
• Commercial cleaning experience
• Building maintenance experience or light mechanical
Personal interactions requiring the use of sound judgment and discretion that can involve confidential information, private information and possibly some disagreeable human interactions. Employee is required to: Continuously stand, walk, and repetitively use arms and hands dexterously (use fingers to handle, feel), reach with hands and arms, bend and physically lift and carry up to 75 pounds; occasionally lift up to 100 pounds. This person may come in contact with caustic chemicals, powerful machinery and extreme hot and cold conditions.
Infrequent travel with overnight stay, evening and weekend work required.
EDUCATION MINNESOTA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Education Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where diversity is valued, supported and celebrated to benefit applicants, employees, members and students. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need.
How to ApplyPOSTING DEADLINE: For best consideration, apply online; include a resume, by 11:59 PM on June 17, 2018Apply online by visiting our website or directly by following this link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=faa82ad6-58ce-4071-80c8-3e481e725e0a&jobId=249641&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001EDUCATION MINNESOTA-HUMAN RESOURCES-41 SHERBURNE AVENUE-ST. PAUL, MN 55103
31 total views, 1 today