Full-Time Director of Marketing
Disruption Books, the book publishing division of West Wing Writers, is searching for a full-time director of marketing. We have offices in DC, NY, and SF; the location for this position can be flexible.
As a director, you can expect to be an integral part of the Disruption Books team:
- Execute and maintain author marketing and sales programs
- Continue to develop the Disruption Books marketing program, adding new and innovated services that will help our authors reach their immediate and adjacent markets
- Collaborate with publisher on positioning, titling, and art direction for books and branding
- Develop and maintain relationships with key independent stores in our core markets
- Arrange book events with stores and other venues
- Create and execute a protocol for Amazon search and keywords for each title
- Recommend and manage promotional opportunities for our titles
- Consult with authors on social media assets, content, and best practices
- Create and manage social media content for authors
- Manage special promotions with Net Galley, Goodreads, and other online reader communities
- Audit author websites or collaborate with production team on development of new author sites
- Create outreach campaigns targeting influencers, media, and book bloggers
- Interface with authors’ publicity teams and other promotion partners
- Write press releases and sales copy as needed
- Review submissions
- Collaborate with publisher on marketing proposals and sales presentations
- Maintain Disruption Books social media accounts
- Maintain the Disruption Books website
- Collaborate with West Wing Writers leadership as we craft our own story to reach clients and other creative partners
Our ideal candidate…
- Has exceptional writing skills and a deep understanding of the book industry;
- Has excellent time-management skills and is comfortable working on deadline;
- Is an experienced project manager who can develop workflows, schedules, processes, and tracking for marketing efforts;
- Is creative, curious, organized, motivated, dependable, and professional;
- Works well both independently and in teams;
- Has experience producing written materials such as cover copy, blogs, newsletters, bylined articles, social media content, or other strategic messaging. Ideally, the candidate has conceived and produced these written products from start to finish, with minimal guidance or oversight;
- Has worked in a client-facing capacity in a previous role;
- Has at least five years of relevant work experience;
- Is comfortable with traditional and digital media; and
- Is authorized to work and accept new employment in the United States.
About Disruption Books:
Disruption Books is an independent publisher of progressive nonfiction with a hybrid business model. We provide our authors high quality editorial, design, and marketing services and full physical distribution to the trade. We believe in collaborating creatively and engaging personally to help authors inspire their audiences, and to bring their stories and ideas to market.
During the past seven years, Disruption Books is proud to have published award-winning and best-selling books for leading CEOs, visionary philanthropists, passionate memoirists, and officials at the highest levels of government. Our approach suits authors who need traditional market access but desire a bespoke experience.
About West Wing Writers:
West Wing Writers is a speechwriting and strategy firm with offices in Washington, DC, New York City, and San Francisco. We’re veterans of the Obama White House and the Clinton White House, of presidential campaigns, governors’ offices, and Capitol Hill. We’re journalists and teachers; novelists and activists; comedians, poets, and foreign policy experts.
Today, we craft speeches, op-eds, and other strategic communications for some of the most compelling leaders and thinkers. We’ve helped CEOs tell their stories on the world’s biggest stages. We’ve helped global foundations make the case for a new wave of philanthropy. We’ve helped politicians rally national political conventions, companies launch products to global markets, and people from all walks of life hold TED audiences in rapt attention.
We love what we do, and we’d love you to join us.
We’re committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment. We strongly encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ+ individuals, gender-nonconforming people, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and multilingual individuals.
We offer competitive salary and benefits—and we hope to hear from you on or before June 4, 2021.
How to ApplyApply online here by June 4, 2021: https://apply.workable.com/west-wing-writers/j/A69C3D6F8C/
403 total views, 0 today