Full-Time Director of Human Resources
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Human Resources will be a key member of the School’s leadership team and will develop, implement and administer a human resource strategy in support of the mission of the School and reflective of its anti-racist, equitable and inclusive commitments. The Director will provide strategic direction for the organization, specifically in the areas of talent and performance management, employee relations, orientation, training and development, and compensation analysis. The Director of Human Resources will also provide direct support to the senior administration team on all HR matters and help to create and develop policies that attract, support, and retain excellent personnel.
The new Director of Human Resources will be an experienced professional who has demonstrated success in all aspects of human resources. MMFS is a close-knit community deeply dedicated to the work of the School. The Director must demonstrate a practice of collaboration, strategic thinking, problem-solving and decisiveness guided by compassion and understanding. In addition, the Director must have know-how and expertise in the recruitment, development and retention of an excellent and diverse staff. As the HR functions continue to grow and mature, a Director with a coach mindset to develop leaders in this work will be essential. The Director will have a successful history of building a warm and supportive culture.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills
• Strong knowledge of employment laws and practices, including EEO, ERISA, FLSA, ADA, Workers’ compensation, FMLA, FLA, PFL, Pregnancy Disability, HIPAA, and OSHA regulations
• Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
• Proven working knowledge of human resources concepts, practices, and procedures
• Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource information systems
• Proficient in analyzing data related to human resources
• Ability to build trust, respect, and credibility with senior leaders, faculty, and staff, serving as a valued resource
• Ability to utilize resources to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with school culture, standards, practices, policies, procedures, and/or government law.
In compliance with NYC’s Pay Transparency Act, this position’s annual base salary range is $140,000 – $170,000. Mary McDowell Friends School considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, essential skills, internal peer equity, and market and organizational considerations when extending an offer.
How to ApplyInterested candidates must submit the following materials confidentially via https://bit.ly/MMFS_Dir_of_HR_AppForm in one PDF attachment that includes in the following order: • Cover letter expressing interest in the Mary McDowell Friends School Director of HumanResources position • Current résumé • List of five references (two must be current or former supervisors/managers), including name, title, phone number, email address and professional relationship (references are contacted only with the candidate’s permission) Please email any questions to email@example.com or send them by phone to Mary Rose Fernandez at 415-881-7105.
140 total views, 2 today