Full-Time Data Engineer
We are not able to provide sponsorship at this time.
FULLY REMOTE: Hiring open to US/Canada, UK/Europe
DistroKid is the world’s largest music distributor to Spotify, Apple, Google, and more. Most new music today is released through DistroKid. Help us help millions of musicians be more prolific!
We are seeking a motivated and skilled Data Engineer to join our team at DistroKid. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in designing, developing, and maintaining our data infrastructure, ensuring the seamless flow of data across various teams and platforms. This role will partner with our current data engineer, data analysts, data scientists, and work closely with database administrators, software developers, security, devops, and system operations peers. This is a fantastic opportunity to have a significant impact across our entire business, and there is broad scope for the successful candidate to bring new approaches and best practices into our existing infrastructure.
If you have a strong background in data engineering and a passion for music and the entertainment industry, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to make a significant impact on the global music distribution landscape.
- Individual contributor responsibility within an existing small team of data analytics, science and engineering, reporting into the Data Director. Furthermore, broader collaboration with software developers, database administrators, security, devops, and system operations teams to design, develop, and maintain scalable and reliable data pipelines and ETL processes.
- Work closely with the data analytics and data science team to support their needs, including providing access to structured and unstructured data and assisting with data modeling and machine learning pipelines.
- Ensure data quality and consistency by implementing robust data validation, transformation, and cleaning processes.
- Promote best practices in data observability and data governance through the implementation of appropriate libraries or software.
- Develop and maintain data warehousing solutions to support efficient storage, retrieval, and analysis of large datasets.
- Monitor and optimize the performance of database systems, ensuring high availability and responsiveness.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest data engineering trends, technologies, and methodologies, and contribute to continuously improving the company’s data infrastructure and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering or a related role, preferably within the music or entertainment industry.
- Proficiency in Python.
- Strong knowledge of SQL databases and processing frameworks, including performance tuning and optimization techniques, alongside solid understanding of data warehousing concepts, including data modeling, schema design, and dimensional modeling
- Familiarity with dbt and Dagster, Airflow or similar tooling for designing and orchestrating analytical pipelines. Demonstrable proficiency in dbt core and/or Dagster would be beneficial.
- Experience with cloud-based data storage and computing platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform. AWS experience would be most beneficial.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to individually troubleshoot complex data issues and implement effective solutions.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
DistroKid was founded in 2013 to provide musicians, managers, and record labels with online tools and services that are innovative, easy-to-use, and affordable. Nearly 2 million artists rely on DistroKid and include hobbyists, up-and-coming musicians, top YouTubers, and household names like 21 Savage, Ludacris, Arizona Zervas, Will Smith, Tom Waits, and more. DistroKid’s expanding array of services includes music distribution, monetization, metadata customization, storage, and promotion. DistroKid’s small staff, coupled with a largely automated backend, has enabled DistroKid to process over 10 million songs—while simultaneously providing fast, personal & friendly customer service to artists of every size. Also, it’s fun to work here 🙂
For more information, visit https://distrokid.com
DistroKid is an Equal Opportunity employer.
How to ApplyPlease apply at https://distrokid.teamtailor.com/jobs/3596391-data-engineer.
82 total views, 0 today