Full-Time Chief Operating Officer
Who We Are:
After more than a century of serving New Yorkers, Planned Parenthood of New York City (PPNYC) stands strong as a trusted provider of sexual and reproductive health (SRH) care, an accurate source of sexual health information, and a steadfast partner in the ongoing fight to achieve sexual and reproductive justice.
As PPNYC looks to the future, we are laying bold, innovative plans to grow our reach and serve the city more effectively, affirming our commitment to strengthen community engagement, expand access to services, enhance patient experience, and advance health equity for all. Our strategic plan is anchored by our driving vision: building a world where all communities have full access to innovative, high-quality, evidence-based SRH services, whenever, wherever, and however they are needed.
In a major step to amplify our impact and ensure better health outcomes for all New Yorkers, PPNYC is engaged in a planned merger process with four other New York State Planned Parenthood affiliates, becoming Planned Parenthood of Greater New York*. The new, unified entity will include half of New York State’s counties, covering 65% of the state’s population. This exciting shift will allow for standardized operations and quality improvement across the merged organization’s 29 health centers – advantages that will exponentially improve our service provision for patients and communities statewide.
This is an exciting and important time at Planned Parenthood as we build on our strength with dynamic new leadership, talented staff members, engaged donors and activists, and amazing community partners. We are determined to thrive and grow in these times of transition and resistance, and significantly increase our impact, affecting hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers.
*The Planned Parenthood Federation of America and all the Boards of Directors of the Federation and of all five Planned Parenthood New York State affiliates have approved this merger. We are currently awaiting authorization by the New York State Department of Health and Attorney General, and plan to go live as the official new entity on January 1, 2020.
Why This Role:
This is an extraordinary moment for Planned Parenthood in New York State, ripe with opportunity, to build on a rich history and foundation, transform an institution that is embedded in the fabric of our city and state, and re-envision the way we deliver our mission to meet the needs of New Yorkers.
The new PPGNY entity will have tremendous reach and impact, covering over half of the state’s counties (31) and 65% of its population in its urban, suburban, and rural service areas. And its new infrastructure is of special significance in positioning New York as a human rights sanctuary at this time of extreme threat to sexual and reproductive rights.
The Chief Operating Officer will be the lead strategic and tactical thought partner to the CEO in delivering high quality health care in the most responsive, caring, confidential, efficient, and accessible way, impacting hundreds of thousands of lives.
Who You Are:
The COO will bring an unwavering belief in our mission and conviction about health and racial equity and bodily autonomy. The COO is a visionary builder, committed to innovation, with a high tolerance for uncertainty and change, who has extensive knowledge of delivering quality care to under-resourced communities in high density and rural areas, and has led the transformation of systems and operations in community health centers, outpatient, or ambulatory settings. The COO also brings a proven track record of leading teams and building organizational culture in a fast changing environment to deliver high standards and re-imagine what is possible.
What You’ll Do:
The COO will be the strategic and tactical right hand to the CEO, an influential presence on the executive team, and an effective leader of departmental leads. The COO is charged with creating and implementing a sustainable business model for clinical delivery, focusing on improving quality in year one, and expanding access and services in subsequent years.
The COO has oversight of almost two thirds of our newly expanded $100M+ entity, which covers 65% of the state, and includes 29 health centers and 900 staff members. The COO directly manages the Chief Financial Officer, the Chief Medical Officer, the Chief Clinical Officer, the Chief Facilities and Security Officer, and the Chief Information Officer.
How You’ll Be Measured:
● Increased efficiency: Envision and begin implementation of a transformed and sustainable business model for clinical delivery, including measures for improved patient satisfaction, greater appointment access, reduced cycle time, and an expanded footprint by the end of 2020
● Team management: Lead and design/hire an effective, diverse, and inclusive team to accomplish improvements and expansions in the model
● Process optimization: Successfully integrate affiliate structures, processes, and systems into the merged organization, integrating benchmark practices and optimizing service offerings
● Continuous service improvement: Position the organization to tackle expanded services in 2021 after socializing and implementing quality improvements to existing services in 2020
● In partnership with CEO, strengthen the internal culture of data and accountability with the centering and application of a race equity lens in all programs, services, and performance management
What Qualifies You:
● Deep, abiding belief in PPGNY’s mission, especially as related to health equity and bodily autonomy
● Significant expertise in health care delivery operations with a distinguished track record working in high volume outpatient, community health, or clinical settings
● Proven track record improving patient experience, and transforming systems and processes in clinical operations and services
● Experience using a collective trauma and historical oppression analysis and practice to enhance patient experience
● Track record strengthening provider, organizational, and departmental relations and communication
● Experience leading finance, technology, and facilities functions and/or knowledge of how finance, technology, and facilities fit into clinical operations
● Beliefs about healthcare rooted in sophisticated analysis of institutional racism in the U.S. in general and specifically in our health care systems; applies race equity lens in organizational leadership and in health care delivery
● Passionate about organizational change management that includes team and culture building; track record of supporting leaders through accountability and capacity building
● Strong ability in strategy, problem solving, iterating, and integrating across functionalities
● Principled, unflappable leadership that centers patient and communities in all decisions
● Ability to maintain a sense of perspective and sense of humor through challenge, uncertainty, and change
Application & Compensation:
This search is being managed by Axis Talent Partners. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter detailing their interest in our mission and qualifications for the position to: https://www.axistalentpartners.com/current-openings.
PPNYC’s benefits package includes:
● Medical, dental, and vision coverage options for you and eligible dependents
● Free basic life/AD&D policy with additional voluntary coverage options
● Short Term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accident policies
● 401(k) Retirement plan with 4% employer contribution after one year of employment
● Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Account plans
● Public Transportation and Commuter Pre-Tax Reimbursements
● Generous vacation, sick, and holiday benefits
All positions at PPNYC require proof of immunization or immunity to certain communicable diseases (including influenza during the flu season) and testing for tuberculosis. These certifications are required by the NYC DOHMH Health Code, NYSDOH and OSHA.
Our Commitment to Equity & Inclusivity:
Planned Parenthood of New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.
How to ApplyThis search is being managed by Axis Talent Partners. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter detailing their interest in our mission and qualifications for the position to: https://www.axistalentpartners.com/current-openings.
90 total views, 1 today