Full-Time Assistant Director of Donor Relations
The Division of University Advancement strives to transform lives and unlock potential through the power of philanthropy and engagement by awakening and stewarding pride and loyalty for the University of North Texas.
The Assistant Director of Donor Relations leads stewardship communication efforts with vibrant and captivating content that engages and inspires UNT donors. This includes but is not limited to personalized impact reporting for high-level donors; current-use and endowed fund stewardship reporting; impact reporting for broad-based, university-wide initiatives; and acknowledgements.
- Oversee production of various materials for donor stewardship and cultivation from draft through distribution of final product, including tracking of all elements of the process.
- Prepare gift acknowledgement letters and lead the gift acknowledgement process, ensuring timely and appropriate acknowledgement of gifts on behalf of the Vice President for University Advancement and the President of the University.
- Learn and write in the University President’s and Vice President for University Advancement’s voices, and tailor language and content for the appropriate audience and situation (donor – alumni/friend or faculty/staff, or other audience).
- Provide writing and editorial support, advisement and leadership for the University’s stewardship and donor communications efforts, such as gift agreements, pledge letters, special communications, and stewardship plans and letters.
- Welcome and upgrade members to the lifetime giving donor recognition societies. In collaboration with the team, recommend and implement engagement activities and communications to enhance membership including coordinating with campus partners for society parking privileges.
- Work with the division’s communications team to regularly develop new content for physical and digital donor pieces, including but not limited to, impact reports, endowment reports and recognition society pieces.
- Create/elevate/track processes for birthday cards, sympathy cards, holiday gifts, funeral floral and similar for the institution’s high-level donors, and coordinate with appropriate personnel to ensure a cohesive strategy among those in contact with donors including university leadership.
- Coordinate with Financial Aid and Scholarships and provide oversight for donor stewardship letters and activities.
- Respond to giving-related inquiries from donors and other internal and external constituents. Serve as the university contact for inquiries from donors about recognition societies.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree and two years of professional experience in marketing, fundraising, event planning, public relations, corporate account sales, or communications; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
How to ApplyApply online: https://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/67922
762 total views, 0 today