- EditorTechnologyAdvice – Posted by TechnologyAdvice
Available for the following locations: Remote | Louisville, KY Hello, We're TechnologyAdvice. At TechnologyAdvice, we are dedicated to educating, advising, and connecting buyers and sellers of business technology. As a trusted resource across hundreds of technology verticals, our unbiased research and crowd-sourced product reviews help buyers find the right software to grow their business. TechnologyAdvice has been named as one of the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies four times, as well as inclusion in the Inc Best Workplaces list for 2021. In 2019, TechnologyAdvice received a Nashville Business Journal Small Business Award and was named the Market Mover in the Nashville Chamber’s NEXT Awards. We are also a five-time recipient of the annual Tennessee Top Workplaces awards. TechnologyAdvice is based in Nashville, Tenn, with a diverse workforce and client base located across the globe. We’re growing and always interested in expanding our team with top talent...make sure to check out our perks and benefits listed below!
The Opportunity…TechRepublic, a member of the TechnologyAdvice family of publications, helps IT decision-makers identify technologies and strategies to empower workers and streamline business processes. Our global edit team produces original content to help business and tech leaders make great decisions about technology—from the best solutions to buy to, the best vendors to work with, to how to best optimize the technologies that they already have. We are looking for a full-time highly-motivated editor who wants to work on the cutting edge of digital media at TechnologyAdvice. You'll edit and publish timely and authoritative content on B2B technology in support of the brand's core mission, to attract new readers and drive user engagement. You’ll develop and publish digital content (IT policy templates, hiring kits, research reports, PDF eBooks, etc.) designed to drive TechRepublic Premium subscriptions. The role demands a person with attention to detail, the ability to manage multiple, consecutive projects, a passion for the written word, and a sincere curiosity about business technology and innovation.
How You'll Contribute…
- Edit and publish daily content under deadline (articles, galleries, videos, research reports, downloads, etc.)
- Make assignments to freelance writers and artists
- Coordinate the monthly TechRepublic Premium survey and report
- Write copy for promotional articles, newsletters, and reports as necessary
- Scan news sites, press releases, blogs, and social media feeds for relevant B2B tech stories
- Write great headlines and descriptions
- Use analytics and other tools to track and optimize story performance
- Use social media to help build audience and develop community
What You Bring…
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of digital media experience, with some of that as an editor
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in journalism, English, communication, liberal arts, or a technology field
- High standards of quality and journalistic integrity
- Ability to create clean copy, write quickly, and show solid judgement in selecting stories
- Some experience using Adobe InDesign and/or Acrobat to create and edit PDF documents
- Experience making content assignments to freelancers and staff writers
- Experience managing a publication calendar and hitting daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Must be able to work in fast-paced environment and deal with daily deadlines
- An understanding of tech and business jargon and a curiosity about tech innovation
- High standards of quality and journalistic integrity
- Highly professional, able to set a strong example of business conduct and exemplify the team's high-performance culture
- Experience working as a technology journalist and/or editor
- Experience writing/editing for a B2B audience
- Online media experience
- Experience conducting online surveys using tools such as Qualtrics, Survey Monkey, etc.
Why You Want Us...
- Remote/hybrid/in-office work options
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Flexible PTO, take time off when you need it!
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- MacBook Pro or PC laptop, your choice
- Ongoing Career Development Meetings
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Subscription to the Headspace App
- Bucket List Benefit: We financially help you check something off your bucket list
- Monthly Team Outings and Quarterly Volunteer Opportunities
- Professional development opportunities and incentives
- Beer on Fridays! It’s 5 O’Clock Somewhere…
- Milestone celebrations for birthdays, weddings, work achievements, and more
- Coffee, snacks, ping pong, and catered lunches 4 days a week in office
- Date Posted
- 30 Nov 2021
- Communications CoordinatorUnited States of Care – Posted by United States of Care
United States of Care is seeking a Communications Coordinator to join our growing team. The mission of United States of Care is to ensure that everyone has access to quality, affordable health care regardless of health status, social need, or income. A nonpartisan nonprofit, we are building and mobilizing a movement to achieve long-lasting solutions that make health care better for everyone. United States of Care will help make it happen by working with people from across the country: patients and caregivers, advocates, physicians and other clinicians, policymakers, and business, civic, and religious leaders. Position Overview United States of Care seeks a qualified, enthusiastic, and flexible Communications Coordinator to join our team. The Coordinator will play a critical role in executing communication strategies to ensure everyone has access to quality, affordable health care regardless of health status, social need, or income. The Coordinator will advance this goal by providing strong writing support, including: press releases, social media posts, newsletters, and other materials. The coordinator will provide project management and administrative support to the communications department and collaborate across the organization to generate and edit compelling content for all USofCare channels. The position reports to our Director of Communications. The USofCare communications department is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from candidates of color and other backgrounds historically underrepresented in policy advocacy. Responsibilities & Duties
- Write, edit, and proofread materials, including press releases, media advisories, fact sheets, newsletters, blogs, op-eds, social media content, and internal updates;
- Create compelling content for United States of Care’s websites and social media channels;
- Hone USofCare’s social media strategy for audience appropriateness and effectiveness;
- Collaborate with policy, research, and development teams to create compelling materials that unite people behind commonsense health care solutions;
- Commitment to prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion principles, including utilizing organization’s equity lens to inform all work;
- Stay current on health care policy developments and monitor trends in communications and social media;
- As needed, support communications team with various administrative tasks, including scheduling, note-taking, project management, and other tasks;
- Collaborate with earned media firm and other vendors/partners to ensure timeliness and quality of projects;
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience, ideally in media, communications, public policy, political, and/or advocacy campaigns.
- Experience in creating content and managing social media, ideally to advance policy goals;
- A proficient knowledge of any of the following: Adobe Creative Suite software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.), MailChimp, WordPress, Canva, Google Analytics, and Meltwater.
- A strong commitment to health equity and ensuring everyone has access to quality, affordable health care, and open to operating in an atmosphere exploring multiple policy solutions to achieve that mission;
- Flexible and enthusiastic about working in a startup environment and willing to take on a wide range of tasks necessary to support a growing communications team including project management and internal communication efforts;
- Excitement about employing strategic communications, including translating detailed policy ideas to resonate with the public and policymakers;
- Meticulous attention to detail and superb writing and proofreading skills;
- Team player with the confidence to take the lead and execute with minimal guidance;
- Strong computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and G Suite;
- Understanding of digital, traditional, and paid media is a plus.
- Date Posted
- 19 Nov 2021
- Women’s Lifestyle Feature WriterStatic Media – Posted by mscott
Static Media's women's lifestyle site The List is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working freelance writers to join our team. Ideal candidates have at least 3 years of experience writing content for print or the web with a focus on celebs, royals, and women's lifestyle content similar to The List. We are looking for creative individuals who are self-sufficient and versatile. These positions are work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter. About The List The List is a women’s lifestyle site, with a twist. We pride ourselves on being original, well-researched, and without sugar-coating, but no topic is beneath us. We tackle everything from reality TV (we’re a bit obsessed!), to finding love, to living a healthy and happy life. Every article you read is either a personal experience, advice from an expert, or meticulously sourced, so you know you’re getting info you can trust, from women who get it. Feature Writer Responsibilities:
- Claim feature article topics from a large selection of assignments
- Research, pitch, and write 1800- to 3000-word articles in custom CMS with a one-week to one-day turnaround, depending on the topic and timeliness of the article
- Contributing to and following the guidelines of our style guide, editorial strategy and publishing standards to uphold quality of content
- Compensation: Paid per word or hourly
- Date Posted
- 17 Sep 2021
- 📚 Write Summaries of Non-Fiction Books and Articles (Part-Time/Full-Time, Remote) 📖Shortform – Posted by shortform
- Date Posted
- 19 Oct 2020
Fetching Careerjet Job Listings
Fetching Indeed Job Listings