Part-Time Accounting Coordinator
The Accounting Coordinator is responsible for maintaining financial records and preparing reports for the church and preschool. Duties include, but are not limited to, processing accounts payable and accounts receivable, preparing church and preschool payroll, producing monthly financial reports, and reconciling bank accounts. The Accounting Coordinator also performs other accounting and bookkeeping duties as requested by their supervisor or head of staff.
- Accounts Payable: Create and maintain vendor files; coordinate approval of invoices and process payment in a timely manner, generating and distributing checks for church and preschool; calculate and track sales tax, filing for state reimbursement
Accounts Receivable: Process and post donations and cash, maintaining records for all deposits, budget, and accruals for church and preschool; create and distribute contribution statements and acknowledgements
- Payroll: Maintain employee records and process bi-monthly payroll for staff of church and preschool; enter and verify payroll in church accounting software
- Reports: Produce, review and distribute monthly and annual reports for the church, preschool, foundation, and presbytery; track status of approved funding and project expenditures; maintain budget and pledge records
- Reconciliation: reconcile church and preschool records; reconcile credit cards; reconcile bank accounts
- Other duties may be required or requested
Experience, Ability, and Skill:
- Background and experience in non-profit accounting
- Proficiency with spreadsheet software(Excel, Sheets) required; familiarity with specific church software preferred
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Flexibility of schedule to meet necessary deadlines
- Status is non-exempt, part-time, hourly
- Pay is $22-25 per hour for 25-30 hours per week, commensurate with experience
- Office hours at least one day per week; remote work flexible
- Reports to Business Administrator
- 10 paid vacation days a year; 3 paid sick days a year
- An office of your own
- A warm, welcoming staff and congregation!
- Flexibility – We are willing to work with you on schedule and hours
- If interested, we have a tuition discount for employees at our Preschool
How to ApplyPlease email your resume and a cover letter telling us why you would be a good fit to email@example.com. Feel free to reach out with any questions as well.
81 total views, 1 today