Full-Time Youth Program Director
Why Work for the Y?
The YMCA brings people together from different backgrounds, perspectives, and generations to ensure that we all have access to the opportunities, relationships, and resources necessary to learn, grow and thrive.
Ignite your Passion, Live the Y Cause, and Join our Team!
Would you like to share your passion for youth development? Would you like to use your knowledge and skills to provide successful youth programs? As the Youth Program Director, you will build relationships, instill confidence, and provide opportunities for growth and improvement by planning, coordinating and implementing youth programs, sports leagues, and special events open to all members.
In this position you will use your skills to:
- Create and manage programs:
- Establish new program activities and expand programs within the community in alignment with our strategic and operating plans.
- Compile program statistics to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in all programs.
- Provide quality results:
- Administer program evaluations of all classes and leagues.
- Develop and assist in the marketing and distribution of program information, and organize and schedule program registrations.
- Develop relationships with local school districts and community leaders to ensure available programming space and facilities, and to assist in sponsoring youth programs/events.
- Work in collaboration with senior management to review and evaluate staff performance.
- Build Relationships:
- Recruit, hire, train, develop, schedule and direct staff and volunteers as needed.
- Support development and implementation of program specific volunteer training program. Assist staff in identifying productive and creative volunteer roles.
Are you a good fit?
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or two years related knowledge and experience.
- Experience in supervision, fiscal management, program development, staff and volunteer development.
- Experience in planning, organizing, and implementing age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
- Demonstrated skills in customer service, public relations, organizational skills, communications, supervision, computer knowledge, and file maintenance.
- YMCA Lifeguard or equivalent, CPR for the Professional, AED, First Aid, and Oxygen certifications or ability to obtain within 90 days.
- Able and willing to complete Child Abuse Prevention training on first day and other online or in-person training as required.
Starting rate: $21.47+ per hour, depending on qualifications
Hours: Full Time – 40 hours per week
Benefits: Employees are supported with competitive pay and great benefits working at the Y!
- All YMCA employees receive 50% off YMCA Child Care
- YMCA Program and Merchandise discounts (up to 50%)
- Personal YMCA Membership (Family membership for FT)
- Flexible scheduling
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discount on phone services
- Paid Sick Leave (+ Extended Leave Plan for FT)
- The opportunity to participate in a Retirement Savings Plan
- Training and Professional Education
Position closes: When filled
How to ApplyPlease apply directly via the hyperlink to our application page!
597 total views, 0 today