Full-Time Workplace Central Services Manager
Salary – £36,245 to £38,463 Depending on experience
Hybrid working (50/50)
Site Location Flexibility: you can be based at Bangor, Edinburgh, Lancaster or Wallingford
Permanent and Full Time (37 hours)
We reserve the right to close this advert if we find the right candidate, so we encourage you to apply early.
UKCEH is looking for an experienced Workplace Central Services Manager to join our 600-strong team, contributing to scientific discovery and generating the data, insights and solutions that researchers, businesses and governments need to solve complex environmental challenges.
Working at UKCEH is rewarding. Our science makes a real difference, enabling people and the environment to prosper, and enriching society. We are the custodians of a wealth of environmental data, collected by UKCEH and its predecessors over the course of more than 60 years.
As a valued member of our team, you’ll get:
- 27 days annual leave, rising to 29 days after five years
- 10% employer pension contribution
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- 24 hour, 365-day access to support with physical, mental, social, health or financial issues plus access to our trained Welfare Officers
- Flexible working opportunities
And much more…
You’ll be joining a team of 38 professionals, dedicated to service excellence and continuous improvement, split across four sites. Your role will be providing leadership and management for a small team of Workplace administrative staff. Supporting and developing the team to deliver a wide range of duties, to maintain our premises, fleet vehicles, manage contractors, maintain accurate records and procedures, as well as manage a centralised helpdesk, receiving requests from all sites.
Providing great environments to work for scientists and professional services, means a busy and varied role. Requiring adaptability and the skills to reprioritise competing tasks, as well as being creative and a great communicator.
You’ll be joining a leading independent, not-for-profit research institute that’s committed to recruiting talented people like you, progressing your career and giving you the support you need to thrive at UKCEH.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Effective line management of a hybrid team, including providing support and professional development within their roles.
- Playing an active role in the development and implementation of the Workplace Team strategy. Providing insights, knowledge and accurate timely information.
- Maintaining a high-quality service via optimal use of available resources, to policy and within operating procedures.
- Supporting Workplace managers in ensuring building compliance, maintenance of fleet vehicles and services provided in line with legislation, health and safety and KPI’s.
- Managing service contracts and contractors
- Daily responsibility for Workplace systems and document library – maintaining, developing and auditing regularly, to meet compliance needs.
For the role of Workplace Central Services Manager, we’re looking for somebody who has:
- A Workplace/Facilities related qualification or demonstrable experience in a similar role at management level
- Experience in managing and developing a hybrid working team, with a good awareness of HR processes and procedures
- Experience in using Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) Software
- Numerate, with good awareness of procurement, budget management and finance requirements
- Excellent MS Office Software skills
- Understanding of building and/or vehicle compliance
- An inclusive and collaborative communication style, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Facilities experience and membership of IWFM
- Experience using Workday
If we’ve just described you, we’d love to meet. Apply now.
How to ApplyWorkplace Central Services Manager-JR1116
107 total views, 0 today