Full-Time Workforce Program Coordinator
The Minnesota Association of Community Health Centers (MNACHC) is a non-profit membership association, representing the state’s Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs). FQHCs are non-profit, community-based primary health care providers serving urban and rural Medically Underserved Areas/Populations throughout Minnesota. Minnesota’s FQHCs provide medical, dental and mental health services to 180,000 low-income, culturally diverse patients.
MNACHC continues the promise of the community health center mission that was born out of the civil rights movement of the 1960s. We strive for a health care system where power and decision making are equitable, reflects our communities’ needs, and people’s dignity and voices are respected. Every aspect of our work is rooted in principles of social justice, anti-racism and health equity.
The Workforce Program Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing MNACHC’s workforce programs, including the Medical Assistant and Dental Assistant Apprenticeship Program. This person, along with the Workforce Development Manager, will support Minnesota’s FQHC workforce by managing the activities and details of workforce programs to ensure their overall success for all participants.
Reports to: Workforce Development Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Minneapolis, MN (hybrid)
- Monitor all facets of apprenticeship and other workforce programs to ensure excellent workforce program participant experience and high completion rates.
- Work in partnership with the Workforce Development Manager to continually expand and improve the apprenticeship program and other workforce programs.
- Oversee daily administrative, operational, and logistical activities related to workforce programs. This includes tracking and reporting programmatic costs to ensure we are within budget guidelines.
- Work with the Department of Labor and other agencies to ensure workforce programs are compliant with all rules and regulations.
- Assist with marketing and outreach efforts to promote workforce programs and recruit participants. This includes both digital marketing strategies and in person participation in job fairs.
- Maintain consistent communication with health center participants, instructors, and workforce program participants, providing support as necessary.
- Provide training and technical assistance to health center staff on workforce initiatives, as directed by the Workforce Development Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in public health or other related field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience coordinating programs in a business or nonprofit setting.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team-based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
- Ability to travel to FQHCs within Minnesota and to occasional state, regional and national meetings.
- Proficient in commonly used software products and databases.
- Understanding of the Social Determinants of Health and the impact of health disparities on racial and ethnic populations.
- Experience working in an FQHC or other safety net health care setting.
- Experience with apprenticeship or other workforce programs.
- Experience working in human resources or another workforce-related field.
- Medical and dental insurance with a health savings account
- Hybrid work from home option
How to ApplySend resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
50 total views, 0 today