Full-Time Transportation Worker – $1,000 Signing Bonus – Entry Level!
- A living wage AND A $1,000 SIGNING BONUS!
- Job security
- Full benefits (including the State Health Plan and a pension!)
- A true team atmosphere, and
- Work you can take pride in
- Operate standard hand and power tools, vehicles, and heavy equipment in the preventive maintenance, repair, and construction of roads and roadside features for the State’s highway and roadway systems.
- Ensure work zone safety.
- Participate in snow & ice removal.
- Perform flagging and assist with maintenance/repair project completion through the use of standard tools and equipment such as tractor with various attachments, curb machine, cutoff saw, dump truck, small wheel and sheep foot rollers, vibratory roller compactor, pulverizer mixer, and pneumatic tire roller.
- Assist paint crews.
- Erect road signs.
- Assist our Electronics Technicians with maintenance and installation of signals.
- Operate hand tools for sign installation and replacement.
- Use a dump truck, broom tractor, paint line removing machine, thermoplastic machine, trencher, and edge-line paint gun.
- Perform vegetation control, debris removal, and move snow.
- Run a tractor with various attachments and mower.
- Operate a dump and flatbed truck.
- Assist in grass and wildflower installation and maintenance.
- An interest in a career in Transportation Construction, and commitment to a safe work environment.
- Experience performing manual labor, and operating power tools such as a chainsaws, weed eaters, skill saws, drills, compactors, jackhammers, etc.
- A Commercial Driver’s License. (Note: You can get this after you are hired through our free on-the-job training, but it must be within 360 days of hire.)
- A pre-employment drug test is required.
- We will check with previous employers for the past 2 years about controlled substances and alcohol testing.
- Safety toe footwear is required.
- Did we mention the $1,000 signing bonus?
- High school/GED diploma; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Call me: Alicia Ramsey at (919) 317-4700.
How to ApplyYou MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/2usz32pu
209 total views, 3 today