Full-Time Tax Manager
Warby Parker is on the lookout for a Tax Manager to join our close-knit Finance team and own a range of responsibilities. In this role, you’ll advise the company on a broad range of federal, state, and local tax matters. You’ll be an integral part of Warby Parker as we build to our next stage of growth. You’ll also assist business stakeholders in ad hoc projects as well as contribute to the Warby Parker’s overall tax strategy. We’ll count on you to be a top-notch multitasker and provide practical, clear, and concise advice to support the company’s tax positions. Sound like the job for you? Keep on reading!
What you’ll do:
- Prepare and review annual corporate income tax returns, quarterly tax provision calculations and footnotes, and our current and deferred tax positions
- Support tax systems, accounting, and tax planning (investment and job tax credits, R&D, or GILTI)
- Monitor and analyze existing and proposed tax legislation along with tax planning projects
- Facilitate IRS and state audits
- Help identify and establish tax-related internal controls
- Maintain and scale the company’s income tax model and work with FP&A on forecasts
- Manage transfer pricing documentation in collaboration with external advisor
- Perform extensive research on tax changes that will impact Warby Parker
- Evaluate and onboard tax software packages
Who you are:
- Backed by 4+ years of experience in corporate income tax at a publicly traded company or tax advisory firm
- Demonstrated knowledge of U.S. federal and multi-state taxation
- Experienced in preparing and reviewing U.S. corporate income tax returns
- Able to quickly understand and integrate business objectives with tax strategies and effectively communicate tax requirements
- Eager to work proactively and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We accomplish this by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We’ve proven that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy and innovation to consistently surpass customer expectations.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We’re driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.
How to Applyhttps://grnh.se/4da0ec741us
889 total views, 0 today