Full-Time Sr. Network Engineer (Req#1278)
We are seeking an experienced senior network engineer to operate and maintain our company’s enterprise network. As a senior network engineer, you will be responsible for handling advanced support issues. Ultimately, you will be responsible for the functional management of our network, keeping network documentation up-to-date, and the resolution of network issues.
- Collaborate with Network Engineers, Security Engineers and other IT Departments to design and implement functional company networks.
- Lead projects, design networks, develop documentation and deliver transfer of knowledge.
- Installing and configuring core critical data center and branch network devices involving various vendor hardware including Cisco and Versa devices.
- Dealing with escalated network support issues and following up with ongoing network status reports.
- Represent the Network Engineering team on-site and with vendors.
PROBLEM SOLVING & DECISION MAKING:
To ensure success as a senior network engineer, you should have extensive experience working with enterprise networks, be highly organized, a self-starter, capable of working independently and the ability to manage your own tasks. A Top-class Senior Network Engineer ensures the networking team performs as a cohesive unit, maintaining the stability and performance of the network.
- The candidate must excel in high-paced, demanding environments
- Strong network infrastructure documentation skills.
- Expert knowledge of Cisco IOS and Catalyst OS command syntax.
- Knowledge of VXLAN and Cisco ACI.
- Versa network experience or equivalent SDWAN experience.
- Thorough understanding of routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF and BGP.
- Knowledge of monitoring applications such as Solarwinds Orion and Splunk.
- Checkpoint and Palo-Alto firewall knowledge a plus.
- Basic knowledge of automation platforms such as Postman and Ansible.
- Must have a solid understanding of the TCP/IP stack and previous experience supporting heterogeneous LAN and WAN networks.
- Understand application transport and network infrastructure protocols (DNS, DHCP, WINS, NTP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, CIFS, VoIP and their relationship to user applications.
- Understand WAN topologies including SD-WAN, Azure Express Route, DIA, Broadband, SIP, TLS and be able to troubleshoot problems which involve service provider circuits.
- Strong attention to detail, consistently applying standard configuration templates to all assigned devices and update inventory information for moves, adds, and changes.
- Proactively check network devices for error conditions and perform preventative maintenance.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and a solid understanding of how to quickly troubleshoot connectivity and performance issues that involve switches, routers, desktops, printers, and servers.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, related field or equivalent experience.
- Previous work experience as a networking engineer for an organization with multiple locations.
- Advanced knowledge of network operating systems including Cisco ACI, Meraki, and Versa SD-WAN.
- Familiarity with Cisco ACI Nexus 9K communication and routing protocols.
- Familiarity with network analysis tools including SolarWinds.
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills.
- Current CCNP Certification
- Experience with various 3rd Party interconnect vendors COCC, Fiserv, FIS, Azure, Akamai, Five9, Palo Alto
- Thorough knowledge of networking protocols and the TCP/IP stack.
Remote work is acceptable, however some travel between office sites and data centers is necessary. This position requires 24 hour-on-call responsibilities as a Consultant/Engineer role in solving network and data communications related problems.
How to ApplyCopy the link below to your web browser and click "Apply Now" https://gka.fa.us1.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX/job/1278/?utm_medium=jobshare If you have any questions Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
161 total views, 0 today