Full-Time Specialist, Compliance & Control
Pittsburgh, PA, United States • Oriskany, NY, United States
Overview of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
- With minimal guidance, contributes to the compliance efforts of the assigned business units.
- Helps to bring the business units into compliance with standard regulatory and policy requirements.
- Helps the business units respond to and develop compliance reporting, as directed.
- Based on assessments of controls, works with business units to implement improvements and develop documentation when control changes are made.
- As directed, analyzes existing legislation, regulatory announcements and industry practices in order to ensure the assigned business is in compliance with current requirements.
- Contributes to projects and program tasks intended to improve compliance and enhance the control environment.
- Analyzes control processes to ensure they are in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. Reviews the appropriateness of control processes and may help guide the assigned business units in implementing improvements.
- Continues to build working relationships with outside regulators, government officials and business unit managers in order to facilitate the timely delivery of information and increase the likelihood of favorable conditions for compliance activities.
- With minimal guidance, contributes to assessments of the effectiveness of controls that help ensure ongoing compliance with key laws, regulations and policies affecting BNY Mellon businesses.
- Continues to gain experience preparing risk based reviews of existing and emerging regulatory requirements, concerning issues and control gaps.
- Contributes to the preparation of time sensitive reporting and appropriately escalates issues to more experienced professionals. No direct reports.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives. Modified based upon local regulations/requirements.
- Bachelor‘s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Business or Finance degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of total work experience preferred.
- Financial Services, Audit or Compliance background and/or experience with financial services compliance and/or experience with the assigned products, services or business lines/areas and the pertaining laws, regulations and rules of relevant regulators preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
BNY Mellon assesses market data to ensure a competitive compensation package for our employees. The base salary for this position is expected to be between $63,000 and $90,000 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis, including as to experience and market location, and is only part of the BNYM total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
How to ApplyPlease copy and paste this link in your internet browser to apply: https://bnymellon.eightfold.ai/careers?domain=bnymellon.com&pid=12019623
370 total views, 0 today