Full-Time Senior Manager, Development Operations
StriveTogether is a national movement with a clear purpose: helping every child succeed in school and in life from cradle to career, regardless of race, ethnicity, zip code or circumstance. We refuse to settle for a world where a child’s potential is dictated by the conditions into which they are born. We work to break down barriers, change systems and improve outcomes for as many families as possible.
The StriveTogether team is passionate, talented and dedicated to achieving our mission. We seek and value all kinds of diversity and work hard to eliminate inequities in ourselves, our organization and our communities. Our goals are bold, so we support each other to try new things, have tough conversations and push for change. As we work, we share learning and progress, use data to make decisions and celebrate our wins.
You are a champion for racial and ethnic equity, committed to ensuring all children succeed regardless of race, socioeconomic status or zip code. You are data driven, focused on metrics and key indicators and comfortable with numbers and budgets. You enjoy learning more about foundations, their interests, giving histories and excel at making connections between their goals and our work. You have strong qualitative and quantitative analysis and research skills that allow you to prepare senior leaders for key meetings. And as a customer-focused team member you are constantly thinking about the data, metrics and stories that will help the team connect our work with donor interests.
About the position
Reporting to the Senior Director of Development and Grants, the Senior Manager of Development Operations will be a critical member of the development team and support the team to achieve our short and long-term fundraising goals. The Senior Manager of Development Operations supports these goals through prospect research, providing high-quality support to senior leaders, maintaining and updating the donor database and managing the grants processes.
Fundraising Research and Support
- Identify and research all potential grant opportunities from corporations, foundations and big bettors to increase funding
- Develop and maintain a system for generating and tracking prospective and current investors, staying ahead of national trends and news with the potential for impacting our fundraising
- Regularly update senior leaders and other development staff on key information
- Research prospective investors to make recommendations on new prospects that align with StriveTogether efforts/goals, capacity to give, giving history, solicitation guidelines and possible means for introductions
- Support the creation of meeting invitations and prepare investor meeting prep including collateral to share ahead of time and follow-up materials for senior leaders and other development staff
- Fundraising Database Management
- Maintain and update the investor database (Salesforce) including data entry, call notes and action items, tracking progress of fundraising activities and reporting requirements
- Document and regularly update fundraising database policies and procedures manual
- Manage data and donation-entry processes, ensuring the timely processing of all grants received by StriveTogether
- Ensure Development team has efficient and effective tracking systems to support fundraising and communication efforts
- Extract information from fundraising database to meet reporting and research needs of senior leaders and other development staff
- Generate regular fundraising reports including fundraising dashboards, prospect pipeline, sponsorship pipeline, and key metrics on calls, meetings and grant reporting
- Manage Development accounts, subscriptions, and passwords
Grants Management Process
- Track grant applications, providing support documentation and other necessary information following submission
- Ensure grant initiation follows an established sequence of steps to properly plan for compliance, timely reporting and impact evaluation
- Act as a project manager for all activities related to securing grant funding for StriveTogether
- Support grant reporting, maintaining the calendar and following up as deadlines arise to maintain compliance in reporting to investors
- Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs
- 3-5 years of fundraising experience with specific experience doing prospect research, donor database management and experience with grants (institutional foundations)
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to take a project from assignment to completion; Ability to manage multiple simultaneous requests for information and prioritize those requests to meet deadlines
- Experience working with the Salesforce.com platform or equivalent CRM platform
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills, with the ability to develop productive working relationships with diverse coworkers and groups by phone and in person
- Strong communicator who has experience researching and synthesizing information for senior leadership in prep documents and other collateral
- Desire to support StriveTogether to become an anti-racist organization so that we can support every child’s success, cradle to career
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, data driven organization
This is an exempt position with a salary range of $66,000-$98,000. StriveTogether offers competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. This position will work from our office in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Please submit a cover letter with your application by June 30, 2022.
StriveTogether is an equal opportunity employer.
How to ApplyApply here!
173 total views, 0 today