Full-Time Senior Development Experience Engineer
Ceridian is a global leader in Human Capital Management technology. Simply put, we allow our customers to do the most complex things well (HR, Payroll, Benefits Administration, Workforce Management and Talent Management) and do them to scale.
Makes Work Life Better™ is our brand promise, not only to our customers, but to our employees as well. Our flagship platform, Dayforce, helps leaders make smart decisions based on data, strategy and intelligence that create value and maximize productivity.
How do we make work life better?
- By delivering an award-winning product, conceptualized and developed by award-winning leaders, that result in award-winning customer employee experiences
- By hiring highly innovative, diverse talent that fully embraces and embodies our core values in everything they do: Customer Focus, Equity, Shared Ambition, Agility, Transparency, Optimism
- By using modern technology, such as voice-activation with Dayforce Assistant and access to your money as soon as you earn it with Dayforce Wallet to stay in rhythm with the evolving demands of our 4 million global users
We understand that no matter where you are, choosing a new employer is always one of life’s most stressful events. We encourage you to check us out at Ceridian.com to learn more about how we are impacting the world of work for our customers, employees and you!
Location: Work is what you do, not where you go. For this role, we are open to remote work and can hire anywhere in the United States or Canada.
About the opportunity
Ceridian is looking for a Senior Developer Experience (DevX) Engineer, to join our DevX Engineering team! This team is focused on the day-to-day development team member experience. They create and maintain processes, tools, frameworks, and guidance which help our development teams maintain and improve efficiency during the development life cycle.
Reporting to the manager of the Developer Experience Engineering team, the Senior DevX Engineer will be responsible for improving the experience of our product and development teams – through advocacy, research, software development, and enablement – all driven by the needs expressed by those teams directly. We work to advise, assist, define, and develop solutions to address common development team frustrations. Development teams should have first-class assistance in delivering high quality services and solutions, and we aim to provide that expert guidance in a responsive and collaborative manner.
The DevX team at Ceridian strives to enable software delivery excellence by providing product management and development teams with expertise, education, and guidance on software delivery best practices with a focus on Agile and Lean principles and practices. We use our curiosity and passion for improvement to keep abreast of new techniques and technologies that will help us refine how we deliver high-quality software and solutions to our users.
What you’ll get to do
- Define, document, and promote best practices within the DevX organization and the Ceridian engineering teams
- Provide technical expertise and operational support for software delivery management tools such as Azure DevOps, Azure, Jira, Artifactory, Visual Studio/Code, GitHub, etc
- Define, build and implement scalable and easy-to-use tooling and solutions
- Stay current on new tools, approaches, and patterns which can reduce development team friction and reduce the time it takes to deliver a service
- Develop trusted relationships with product management, development leaders and other stakeholders to drive continuous improvement
- Gain deep familiarity with the workflow of our engineers, their points of friction, and build tools to create a more rewarding development experience
- Partner with Release Engineering and Config Management to address pain points within our release process
What’s in it for you
- Encouragement to be the best version of yourself at and away from work:
- YOUnity diversity and inclusion programs
- Amazing time away from work programs
- Support for your total well-being through our Live Well, Work Well programs targeting all aspects of your life
- Recognition for your contributions through excellent pay, perks, and rewards
- Giving where you’re living: volunteer days, Ceridian sponsored events, and our very own charity, Ceridian Cares
- Opportunities to fuel your career growth through numerous internal and external programs and events
Skills and experience we value
- 4+ years of experience in software engineering or technical DevOps roles
- 2+ years of experience building developer infrastructure and services at scale
- Robust level experience with C#, .NET Framework / .NET Core, MSBuild
- Hands-on experience with Azure, Azure DevOps, GitHub, and Docker
What would make you really stand out
- Passionate about improving the developer experience by finding the balance between standards and freedom
- Robust knowledge of object-oriented design patterns and development
- Ability to debug, analyze and profile existing code
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills and able to work with a distributed team.
- You have a bias for action, backed by a systematic approach to troubleshooting and problem solving
- You have a knack for taking on “non-standard” problems
- Deep understanding of Agile software delivery principles and practices.
- Active listener, able to understand the needs of the people you’re working with
- Strong cross-team and cross-department partnership, collaboration, and consulting skills.
- Experience implementing product management and software delivery management tools with results-driven outcomes is preferred.
- Experience operating at scale in a large software enterprise is preferred
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success. We encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Beware of fraudulent recruiting activity! If you are contacted by a Ceridian Recruiter or other Ceridian employee, you will be provided with an @ceridian.com email. If you are contacted by someone who uses any other email domain, despite their use of our company logo or company name in their social media handle/profile, the contact could be fraudulent. Please also note, Ceridian will not request or send money and/or a check at any time during the recruiting or hiring process, ask you to order any equipment or supplies, or ask for any sensitive personal data, such as National ID numbers, via email or phone. Sensitive personal data is only collected post-hire, via new hire forms directly in Dayforce. If you have been asked for any of the above, or believe you have been contacted by someone posing as a Ceridian employee, please refer to our fraudulent recruiting statement found here: https://www.ceridian.com/company/corporate/be-aware-recruiting-fraud.
How to ApplyPlease apply on our website: https://jobs.dayforcehcm.com/en-US/mydayforce/ALLJOBS/jobs/50616
100 total views, 1 today