Full-Time Senior Accountant
Community Health Group is a locally based non-profit health plan that ensures access to high quality, culturally sensitive health care for underserved communities throughout San Diego County. We treat our 300-member, multi-lingual staff like family, encouraging an atmosphere of collaborative teamwork, continuous learning, personal growth, and promotion from within. Recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in San Diego, CHG offers its employees such benefits as tuition reimbursement, a meditation room and yoga classes, a monthly Breakfast With The CEO, and memorable events throughout the year.
We know that by serving our employees well, they, in turn, will better serve our nearly 300,000+ membership. We have been recognized consistently for the excellence and sensitivity of our customer service by members, physicians, vendors, and a full range of health care providers. We are accredited by the National Committee for Quality Assurance and proud of our continuing company-wide Quality Initiatives.
We are currently recruiting for:
TITLE: Senior Accountant
Target Hiring Range: $ 80,292.25- $ 94,343.40 Annually
Under moderate supervision, the Senior Accountant performs various accounting tasks to support the Finance Department.
COMPLIANCE WITH REGULATIONS
Works closely with all departments necessary to ensure that the processes, programs and services are accomplished in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with CHG policies and procedures and in compliance with applicable state and federal regulations.
- Lead the month-end accounting close process by preparing and reviewing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations, as well as other supporting schedules as required
- Perform comparative variance analysis on a monthly basis, including analyzing and thoroughly documenting all material fluctuations, and presenting such findings to senior management in monthly pre-close trial balance review meetings
- Assist with all internal and external financial statement reporting, including preparation of statements of cash flows, drafting of financial statement footnotes, and preparation and maintenance of tie-out binders
- Assist with development and preparation of internal financial reporting packages (including dashboards, FLASH reporting, and other ad-hoc analyses) for senior and executive management
- Walkthrough and document significant accounting processes and related internal controls in support of development of revised accounting manual
- Assist with information systems setup and spreadsheet automation, to improve efficiency and effectiveness of accounting and financial reporting processes
- Perform technical accounting research and document findings/conclusions in formal memos as necessary
- Prepare schedules in support of various quarterly and annual financial audits and reviews
- Assist with operational treasury management activities, as well as related reporting requirements
- Actively cross train with other senior accounting staff and serve as backup for such duties
- Train and mentor junior staff
- Perform other special projects, ad-hoc reporting, and analysis as assigned
How to ApplyEDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Active CPA License a plus
- Five years progressive experience in accounting or auditing; and/or equivalent experience in public accounting
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles, financial statements, accounting theory, and internal controls
- Personal commitment to excellence, integrity, and honesty in all dealings
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to build relationships with other team members both within and outside of the Finance department
- Self-motivated, with a strong desire for continuous learning and ability to drive process improvement
- Relentless attention to detail
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel, including pivot tables, lookup and logic functions, charting/graphing, etc.
- Experience with mid-tier accounting and financial reporting software required; Sage 300 a plus
- Prolonged periods of sitting
- May be required to work evenings and weekends
47 total views, 1 today