Full-Time Scientist I
Title: Scientist I
Department: Analytical Sciences
We are accelerating the world’s transformation to sustainable materials by replacing fossil fuel sources with plants. geno believes that all products should be responsibly sourced, traceable and transparent — the sustainable source. Our vision to drive climate action at scale starts by making the same molecules, ingredients, and materials we rely on every day, deriving them from more sustainable sources. We’re proud to help leading brands and manufacturers meet their sustainability, decarbonization and circularity goals for everything from carpets to car parts, clothing to cleaning products.
Genomatica is seeking a Senior Research Associate I/II or Scientist I/II with experience in analytical chemistry or related field to work as a member of the Analytical Sciences team. This person will be responsible for quantitative analysis of microbial intracellular and extracellular extracts using Agilent triple quadrupole mass spectrometer (QqQ) with RapidFire technology. The results generated will provide insight into pathway metabolites, byproducts, and bottlenecks to aid in hypothesis generation of optimal strain, fermentation conditions and downstream processing.
You will perform lab duties under the supervision and mentorship of senior analytical personnel. You will contribute to multiple projects daily and ultimately to the long-term success of the company. You will utilize a variety of analytical chemistry techniques to support and help advance Genomatica omics, strain engineering and/or process technology platforms.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops high throughput mass spectrometry assays for fermentation derived product titer and upstream metabolites.
- Develops high-throughput plate-based sample prep procedures for product extraction from fermentation broth.
- Works closely with biology and automation teams to continuously improve the quality and scope of our analytical screening platform.
- Designs systems for routine monitoring of assay performance ensuring consistent reporting of dependable data, backed by statistical rigor.
- Balance work request across multiple projects according to company priorities, adaptable to change.
- Mentor junior level analytical chemists.
- Work safely with hazardous chemicals and waste.
Qualifications & Experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required in order satisfactorily perform in this role.
Bachelor’s, Masters, or Doctorate in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or related fields
- 0-2 years of experience in an analytical lab post-doctorate or an equivalent level of post-baccalaureate experience
- Experience developing methods for quantitating metabolites or other small molecules via mass spectrometry
- Experience with Agilent Rapidfire technology and/or Agilent triple quadrupole (QQQ) systems preferred
- Experience working with liquid handling robots
- Experience with statistical analysis and design of experiments (DOE) a plus
- Basic knowledge of python or other scripting languages a plus
- Expert level understanding of analytical assay qualification using a systematic approach to identify factors that may influence overall data quality.
- Ability to successfully perform in a fast-paced, high-intensity R&D work environment
- Ability to keep accurate records of experiments and data
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Microsoft office software proficiency
- Receptive to training and a quick study/highly adept
a. Excellent organization, prioritization, time management and planning skills
b. Excellent written and oral communication skills
c. Demonstrated ability to handle highly confidential materials in a discrete and professional manner
d. Ability to interact comfortably, confidentially, and professionally with all levels of the organization
e. Team player committed to success and getting the job done well
f. Technological literacy with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
g. Approachable, solutions-oriented and able to maintain composure
h. Desire to learn new things, positive attitude and enthusiasm
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position involves working primarily in a laboratory setting. As such this position requires the ability to stand or sit at the bench, the use of standard laboratory equipment as well as computers and office equipment. The position requires communication with other individuals through a variety of methods.
Genomatica is committed to providing exciting career opportunities in an environment that values trust, respect, openness, teamwork, creativity, enthusiasm, and diligence. We strive to create a culture that enables and encourages everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We are committed to be a company where everyone feels they have equal opportunity to reach their potential. Everyone is accepted and appreciated for who they are and what they bring to Genomatica.
We promote the continued development of an inclusive environment that values diversity through Geno4All, our employee led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) committee. We are looking for innovative, highly motivated, and collaborative people who enjoy the challenges and rewards of a company devoted to commercializing cutting-edge sustainable technology.
Check us out on our LinkedIn Life page. Genomatica is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Applyhttps://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=ad59ae21-92c3-4408-943a-f906b754b7b7&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=444938&source=CC2&lang=en_US
626 total views, 0 today