Full-Time Resident Services Coordinator
The National Housing Trust is a strong national nonprofit engaged in affordable housing advocacy, lending, real estate development and energy solutions. Our mission is to preserve and improve affordable multifamily homes to support quality, healthy neighborhoods with a range of housing options so that families of all income levels have an opportunity to thrive.
Our Resident Services programs focus on the importance of resident empowerment. For NHT, this means not only limiting the barriers that obstruct success, but ensuring our residents are equipped with the knowledge,tools and opportunities to be successful. We believe that we must make investments in the personal capacity of our residents to help move their communities and families forward.
This is an exciting opportunity to impact more than 200 families in affordable housing communities located in the District of Columbia. This is a unique opportunity to work with an organization dedicated to the success of the affordable housing communities in which we serve.
The Resident Services Coordinator (RSC) will need to have a hands-on, self-starter approach to the coordination, implementation and management of programs for youth, adults and seniors in an affordable housing community in southeast DC. The RSC is responsible for assessing the needs of the resident community and the delivery of the programs and services to address the identified needs. The RSC is also responsible for tracking the goals and outputs of the implemented services. The RSC will work closely with onsite property management staff and report to NHT’s Resident Services Director.
Essential to success will be the RSC’s ability to actively engage with residents in the community and work with NHT’s Resident Services Director to develop a long-term plan that addresses the needs of residents. The RSC must regularly and effectively communicate with NHT, property managers, community leaders, residents and local community partners to ensure increased access to opportunity and resident success.
- Encourage residents to organize, mobilize and build a sense of community and local leadership.
- Connect residents to local resources including emergency rental assistance, food banks, workforce training, tutoring, and other programs to help them achieve their goals.
- Support and enable civic engagement.
- Work with the Resident Services Director and residents to develop programmatic goals based on the identified needs of the community.
- Coordinate resident programs for all ages, as determined by resident need and interest. Resident programs may include but are not limited to tutoring, financial literacy, community service, health services, job readiness/workforce development, and resident leadership training.
- Manage relationships with service providers at the property.
- Prepare a monthly internal report detailing programs, successes, challenges and goals.
- Prepare external reports for service providers and/or grants as needed.
- Recruit, train and supervise onsite volunteers as needed for program support.
- Assist in the collection of resident survey data in order to determine community-specific needs.
Working with Local Partners
- Work with the Resident Services Director to coordinate, manage and track existing and new partnerships to support resident needs.
- Establish and maintain relationships with local service providers, schools, civic organizations, funders, business partners, and other community-based organizations.
Collaboration with the Resident Services Director and Onsite Staff
- Participate in regular meetings with the Resident Services Director.
- Meet regularly with onsite staff and tenant associations to plan resident meetings and community events, in addition to addressing any potential opportunities, challenges or mutual goals related to resident services.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
This is an impactful opportunity for a dedicated leader with at least 1-2 years of programming experience. Candidates will ideally have experience working with low-income communities in D.C.. Other qualifications include:
- deep dedication to assisting low income families create and access opportunities to thrive;
- Commitment to racial justice;
- Detail-oriented, entrepreneurial self-starter who relishes multitasking;
- Track record of working independently yet collaboratively with teams;
- Demonstrated success building relationships and leveraging community partnerships ;
- Dependable and capable of completing assignments in a timely, accurate and thorough manner;
- Ability to manage programs/services, identify best practices and execute work plans;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communications skills, including both verbal and written skills;
- Resourcefulness, with the ability to deliver results;
- Ability to work the occasional weekend and/or evening;
- Collaborative spirit and positive attitude (a good sense of humor is a plus); and
- Spanish language skills are a plus.
COMPENSATION: Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience. NHT offers a competitive benefits package.
How to ApplyJOIN US: Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please write "Resident Services Coordinator Application" in the subject line of the email. NHT is an equal opportunity employer.
494 total views, 0 today