Full-Time Research Analyst
About Research Collaborative
Following our success in facilitating a coordinated post-2020 election crisis response, the Research Collaborative has become a trusted research, strategy, and messaging hub for national and state organizations across the pro-democracy movement. We generate and disseminate research, messaging guidance, and strategic approaches to protect our freedoms and address the pressing crises of the day, fostering alignment across the pro-democracy space. We are deliberately low-profile in order to promote collaboration and buy-in from partners. Learn more about Research Collaborative here.
About the Position
The Research Collaborative is hiring a Research Analyst who will report to the Research Manager. The person who fills this role will focus on analyzing and synthesizing findings from ongoing quantitative and qualitative public opinion research, conduct data analysis, develop and implement standardization protocols, create compelling data visualizations, and assist in other aspects of the research process. They will also be involved in synthesizing a wide array of public opinion and messaging research to highlight key strategic takeaways, and assisting in crafting original research.
This role is for someone who enjoys using their well-honed analysis skills to derive insights from extensive quantitative and qualitative public opinion research. The person who thrives in this role will be detail oriented and creative in their approach to thinking through research findings and enjoys working in a young, dynamic organization where goals may pivot quickly.
Key Elements of Work
- Assist research writing and synthesis: Assist Research Manager to synthesize and communicate our research and strategy insights via high-quality research summaries, memos, toolkits, and briefings to other researchers, movement partners, and the progressive movement.
- Research analysis: Perform analyses of and draw actionable insights from observational and experimental data from close examination of toplines, crosstabs, memos, decks, and, where needed, statistical analysis of data using whatever software (R, Python, etc) is best suited to the job.
- Data management: Assist with data and file management. Ensure standardization of data and develop relevant protocols.
- Instrument standardization and quality control: Assist with standardization of surveys and other research instruments, review draft survey instruments, and propose ideas for improving quality and consistency across research projects.
- Data visualization: Create effective data visualizations, infographics, and storytelling through data to be used in decks, toolkits, and memos.
- Support the research process: Work with senior staff to support all aspects of the research process, from the development of original research, through project management, and the creation and distribution of research insights, including identifying opportunities for experimentation and improvement.
- Strong analytical skills and detail orientation | Ability to parse and understand public opinion research with a critical lens and in a pragmatic, real-world, and actionable way.
- Experience and interest in public opinion research | Previous experience working with public opinion research and a strong interest in learning and growing in the field.
- Highly organized | Exceptional time management and follow through on work in order to handle a variety of projects and tasks simultaneously and develop well-thought-out systems to facilitate efficiency.
- Prioritizes impact | Demonstrated understanding and passion for pro-democracy politics. Interested in contributing to and making change in the pro-democracy ecosystem at-large without expecting public acclaim or credit.
- Commitment to equity | Consider and value the voices of communities that have been most directly impacted by racism and white supremacy in all the work you do.
- Flexible | Openness to constantly adapt in response to a shifting political environment in a young organization that moves quickly. Willingness to anticipate potential challenges and seek out new opportunities.
Research has shown that women and members of historically marginalized groups often only apply to jobs when they feel they meet 100% of the qualifications. We are committed to creating an equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly desire applicants with a wide range of experiences and backgrounds: even if you don’t see yourself fully reflected in every qualification listed, we still encourage you to reach out and apply.
Candidates can be located anywhere in the United States and will work remotely, with potential occasional travel when it is safe to do so.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position. Compensation will be $75,000/year.
We believe that people thrive when they have the time and tools necessary for a healthy work-life balance, so we’re proud to offer outstanding benefits:
- Fully employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and one dependent
- A generous paid annual leave policy: 4 weeks of vacation, 2 weeks sick leave, 9 official holidays, 4 floating holidays, and up to 12 weeks of family and medical leave
- A 401(k) with a 3% employer contribution without a matching requirement
- An employer-provided laptop (choice of Mac or PC) and a monthly remote work stipend
- An annual professional development budget
Please submit your resume, and, in lieu of a cover letter, please answer the following prompts in the space provided on Recruitee:
- What interests you about joining the Research Collaborative team as the Research Analyst? [250 words or less]
- Describe a significant contribution you have made to a research project. [250 words or less]
- What steps have you taken to center equity and inclusion in your previous roles? [250 words or less]
The deadline to apply for this role is October 31, 2022.
Research Collaborative strives to create a welcoming workplace that reflects the pro-democracy movement’s values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice. We know that our work is strongest and most reflective of the world we wish to create when it is the product of different perspectives and backgrounds, and particularly when the voices of those most impacted are centered. Research Collaborative’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
How to ApplyApply here https://mesosolutions.recruitee.com/o/research-analyst
789 total views, 0 today