Part-Time PT Ceramics Teacher
Applications Accepted Starting 6/26/23
Application Review Starting 7/3/23
Miss Hall’s School is seeking a part-time faculty member to join the dynamic and dedicated team in our Expressive Arts Department. This educator will teach two courses of Ceramics I/II, developing foundational skills in hand-building and wheel-throwing, while also inspiring students to explore their artistic voice and innovative ideas. Course work will also develop skills needed to contribute to a supportive healthy studio-based community and engage in dialogue with peers about visual analysis and artistic process. We desire a collaborative, inspiring, and innovative teacher who advocates for the students and mission of MHS. In addition to teaching this course, this educator engages the 9th grade class with two ceramics-based service projects during Wednesday mornings Horizons programming. Miss Hall’s School is committed to diversifying its faculty and encourages applicants who are committed to bringing a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens to their work.
Miss Hall’s School inspires and encourages each girl to pursue the highest standards of learning and character; to contribute boldly and creatively to the common good; and to seek a purposeful life based on honor, respect, growth, and personal authenticity.
At Miss Hall’s School, we champion social justice; insist that all community members demonstrate respect for each other through words and actions; and affirm that diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to learning and problem solving, discovery and personal growth, and cultivating empathy and cultural competency. Guided by these beliefs, and with the understanding that being an inclusive community requires ongoing work and commitment, we foster cross cultural dialogue and allyship to honor and celebrate our diverse community.
- At least two years of teaching experience at the high school or college level
- Bachelor’s Degree in ceramics or a related field; Master’s Degree preferred
- Willingness to participate in interdisciplinary and innovative curricular design and partnership
- This person will have the technical skills necessary for the tasks and the ability and willingness to engage high school students in the work of the course.
- Knowledge base and comfort with teaching all levels of Ceramics
- Ability to design, manage, and maintain a healthy ceramics studio environment, in partnership with the facilities team
- Demonstrated interest in and commitment to working with students of varied academic levels and interests.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate classroom technologies to enhance teaching and learning
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion and to serving a diverse, global community
- Commitment to the Miss Hall’s School Mission and Core Values
Salary benchmarked with NAIS medians and commensurate with experience
How to ApplyEmail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Please let us know where you the posting.
159 total views, 0 today