Full-Time Program Assistant
APLA Health’s mission is to achieve health care equity and promote well-being for the LGBT and other underserved communities and people living with and affected by HIV. We are a nonprofit, federally qualified health center serving more than 14,000 people annually. We provide 20 different services from 15 locations throughout Los Angeles County, including: medical, dental, and behavioral health care; PrEP counseling and management; health education and HIV prevention; and STD screening and treatment. For people living with HIV, we offer housing support; benefits counseling; home health care; and the Vance North Necessities of Life Program food pantries; among several other critically needed services. Additionally, we are leaders in advocating for policy and legislation that positively impacts the LGBT and HIV communities, provide capacity-building assistance to health departments across the country, and conduct community-based research on issues affecting the communities we serve. For more information, please visit us at aplahealth.org.
We offer great benefits, competitive pay, and great working environment!
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance (no cost for employee)
- Vision Insurance (no cost for employee)
- Long Term Disability
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 3 Personal Days
- 10 Vacation Days
- 12 Sick Days
- Metro reimbursement or free parking
- Employer Matched 403b Retirement Plan
This is a great opportunity to make a difference!
This position will pay $23.37 – $27.45 hourly. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The Program Assistant is responsible for providing clerical and organizational support to the Housing Supportive Services Regional Office and performs all duties in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve clients by greeting, welcoming in a professional manner, and directing them appropriately.
- 35% of time
- Answer and address incoming phone calls in a timely and polite manner.
-35% of time
- Provide clerical support including but not limited to, filing documents accurately; maintaining equipment; sorting and routing mail; reporting any malfunctions; perform data entry into various database systems.
-15% of time
- Other Responsibilities include:
- Inform visitors by answering or referring to inquiries.
- Determine visitors’ needs in a professional manner.
- Provide clerical support including, but not limited to, filing documents accurately, maintaining equipment and reporting any malfunctions.
- Performs inventory of office supplies and orders what is needed according to office protocol.
- Inform prospective clients of the full range of services available within the region.
- Effectively communicate and consult with the team to ensure timely follow up.
- Facilitate meetings; including setting agenda items; record and transcribe minutes and meeting notifications.
- Receive deliveries, sort and route incoming mail and prepare and deliver outgoing mail.
- Perform data entry into various database systems.
OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED TO MEET BUSINESS NEEDS.
Training and Experience:
High School diploma or GED equivalent required, College degree in related field preferred.
This position requires knowledge and expertise in the use of the internet, the Microsoft Office Suite of products, and organizational database (Salesforce). Cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of population served.
Apply excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. Speak, read, and write English fluently required. Speak, read, and write Spanish preferred, but not required. Use excellent organizational skills and detailed orientation to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Work collaboratively with other personnel and or service providers or professionals. Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This is primarily an office position that requires only occasional bending, reaching, stooping, lifting, and moving of office materials weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires daily use of a personal computer and requires entering, viewing, and revising text and graphics on the computer terminal and on paper.
Must possess a valid California driver’s license; proof of auto liability insurance; and have the use of a personal vehicle for work related purposes. TB Clearance is required upon hire and annually thereafter. COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster or Medical/ Religious Exemption required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran.
How to ApplyVisit our website at www.aplahealth.org to apply or click the link below: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=131223&clientkey=A5559163F67395E0A2585D2135F98806
188 total views, 0 today