Full-Time Pricing Manager
Pricing Manager, Finance, Contracts, and Pricing Division, Remote
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over one hundred countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Social Impact strives to be a great place to work. We are proud of our diversity and actively seek to expand it as a way of improving our employees’ experience, our collective professional breadth, and the quality of the work we do. We seek to promote equity and inclusion through our policies and practices and build a culture of belonging for everyone where differences and authenticity are honored and embraced. We work hard to create opportunities for growth and ensure that our staff are fulfilled and engaged. We believe we are better when we collaborate, learn from one another, and have fun while working hard.
Social Impact is recruiting a Pricing Manager to lead and coordinate all aspects of the proposal cost proposal from the review of solicitations to the completion of a compliant submission package. This position will be responsible for ensuring that full cost proposals are accurate and meet corporate margin targets as well as Social Impact’s and the client’s compliance requirements.
This is a full-time position authorized to be fully remote or to be based in the Arlington, VA area on a hybrid remote/in-person model.
Cost Proposal and Pricing Management
- Review and understand solicitation cost requirements. Identify contractual and pricing related clarification questions for the client.
- Lead cost response and pricing efforts for proposals with values ranging from $100k to $50M+.
- Build new and manipulate existing budget spreadsheet templates for a wide range of contracting mechanisms ensuring compliance, consistency, and accuracy of budget data.
- Write the cost narrative document in MS Word.
- Collect pricing data from international locations and provide sound and reliable market price analysis; offer price data ranges/options and model budgets accordingly.
- Ensure that established corporate profit margins are maintained on cost proposals.
- Prepare client consent memos and waiver requests for personnel, allowances, grantees, subcontractors, etc.
- Process all due diligence for confirmation of inputs including appropriate cost support documentation for subcontractors and consultants as applicable.
- Compile a complete cost volume including budget, cost narrative, certifications, subcontracting plan, relevant consent documents, and others as required by the RFP.
Leadership and Strategy
- Advise and guide the proposal team on how to be profitable, how to make the bid competitive from a cost perspective, etc.
- Make recommendations on pricing strategy and provide feedback leading to the determination of optimal price points for bids; conducts price-to-win analysis; ensure cost proposals meet profitability targets.
- Provide input on cost implications of teaming, subcontracting, staffing and procurement decisions during proposal response.
- Advise on the best and preferred contractual mechanisms with subcontractors based on sub’s capacity and SI’s profitability prospects.
- Organize, schedule, and lead Green Team meeting(s) and any other cost meetings.
- Opportunity to supervise, train, mentor, and build the capacity of a Pricing Assistant.
Collaboration and Communication
- Serve as the main point of contact for proposal cost matters.
- Work closely with BD Talent Acquisition staff and make recommendations on rate negotiations with proposed personnel.
- Negotiate with potential partners and subcontractors to ensure compliance, value, and timely delivery of partners’ budgets and cost narratives.
- Actively participate in all proposal team reviews and leads cost proposal team meetings.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, management, or relevant field.
- Three years of relevant work experience in pricing and cost proposals.
- Experience leading cost proposal development.
- Experience at a mid- to large-size for-profit international development organization.
- Experience in contracts and/or operations management.
- USG client experience.
- Knowledge of USG client regulations FAR, AIDAR, ADS, DSSR, and CFR.
- Knowledge of indirect rate application.
- Experience working on CPFF, T&M and FP proposal types (as a prime and subcontractor).
- Experience working on Multiple Award Schedule (GSA), IDIQ, and TOs under an IDIQ.
- Experience responding to RFPs issued by private, UN, and foreign government clients.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and excellent writing skills.
- Ability to work late hours and on weekends should the proposal timeline require so.
- Exceptional attention to detail and exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines.
- Exceptional multitasking and time management skills; ability to work on multiple proposals concurrently without missing any internal and external deadlines.
- Ability to travel on capture trips as needed.
- A commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive work and learning environment.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to ApplyTo apply, please follow the link to our careers site: Apply
570 total views, 1 today