Part-Time Music Instructor
Why Work for the Y?
The YMCA focuses on empowering young people, improving health and well-being, and inspiring action in, and across our communities.
Ignite your Passion, Live the Y Cause, and Join our Team!
Would you like to share your passion for music with others? As a Music Instructor, you will provide direct leadership, instruction and motivation for program participants in music classes. You will participate in performances, YMCA Arts Week events and other events as assigned.
If hired, additional duties may include:
- Developing lesson plans
- Demonstrating sound, technical and artistic principles
- Providing an impactful experience to students
- Monitoring student progress
- Communicating program information to students and parents
- You are committed to valuing and promoting diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- You have 5 years of formal music training.
- You have 1-2 years of experience as a music teacher and/or teaching assistant.
- You are able to instruct beginning and intermediate level music classes.
- You are excited to teach music classes for ages preschool through adult.
- You have a positive attitude and previous experience with varying ages and diverse populations.
- You firmly believe that the arts should be open to everyone regardless of artistic ability, experience, or financial circumstance.
- Able to complete Child Abuse Prevention training on first day and other online or in-person training as required.
Starting Wage: $14.49+ per hour – depending on experience.
Hours: Part Time – Up to 25 hours per week
Benefits: Part-Time employees are supported with the following benefits and perks:
- Flexible scheduling around school and extracurricular activities
- Optional virtual tele-doc, dental and vision benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- 50% off YMCA Child Care services OR Free YMCA Child Care (must work 20hrs or more per week)
- Free Personal YMCA Membership
- Free YMCA 360 Virtual Wellness Membership
- YMCA Program and Merchandise discounts
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Paid Sick Leave
- Professional education and certification opportunitie
How to ApplyApply via Link: https://cta.cadienttalent.com/index.jsp?locale=en_US&APPLICATIONNAME=YMCAofPierceandKitsapCountiesReqExt
131 total views, 0 today