Full-Time Multimedia Graphic Designer
Global Arts Live, a nonprofit organization based in Cambridge, MA, brings international music, contemporary dance, and jazz from around the world to stages across Greater Boston. We invest in longstanding relationships with artists, support them with commissions, develop audiences for their work, and create connections to under-represented immigrant populations and communities of color in our region. Since inception, Global Arts Live has presented more than 800 artists from 70+ countries in over 1,500 performances attended by more than 1 million people. With an artistic vision focused on cultural diversity, many of our artistic projects express universal themes of identity, immigration, heritage, and inclusion. We aspire to transcend borders, cultivate community, and enrich lives.
After the completion of a successful strategic plan and rebranding campaign, Global Arts Live is ushering in a new phase of growth and innovation, including a partnership to create a new cultural arts center in Kendall Square, Cambridge, scheduled to open in 2026.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Public Relations, the Multimedia Graphic Designer will work closely with the marketing and development teams to develop and execute the overall visual strategy for Global Arts Live. The Multimedia Graphic Designer should offer ideas and creative solutions that engage, attract, and promote Global Arts Live programming and institutional messaging—driving web traffic and ticket sales and communicating our nonprofit mission based on a set of established brand guidelines. Leading candidates will have a sense of adventure, appreciation for the arts, and the ability to work well within a small organization.
This position offers exposure to all areas of design—and the opportunity to experience incredible art from around the world.
- Develop creative concept, layout, and design of print communications including postcards, brochures, ads, programs, banners, invitations, fundraising appeals
- Create eye-catching, interactive multimedia content to market individual concerts, season wide programming, festival, and multi-night programming
- Produce graphics and animations for social media and other digital platforms
- Build email newsletters and email marketing campaigns
- Maintain media archives
- Educate all staff in adherence to brand standards
- Manage relationships with print vendors including soliciting quotes, communicating print specs, and managing the print and proofing process
- Take photographs, videos, and livestreams of events (camera provided)
- Serve as thought partner and editor on other communications-related tasks
- Provide support for internal and external events
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- BFA in graphic design or related field, or a minimum of 2 years experience
- Demonstrable skills and talent in graphic design
- Expert use of industry-standard graphic design software programs including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Experience using After Effects for video creation from conceptualization and editing to mixing and finalizing
- Expert knowledge on various file types (PNG, JPG, GIF, MOV, MP4, PDF) and creating Adobe project packages
- Current knowledge of trends and analytics in social media
- Videography/photography skills
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Meticulous attention to detail, ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with often aggressive deadlines, highly organized
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply. We are dedicated to considering a broad array of candidates, including those with non-traditional workplace experience and backgrounds. Whether you’re new to arts and culture, returning to work after a gap in employment, or ready to take the next step in your career path, we will be glad to consider your application. Please use your cover letter to tell us about your experience and what you hope to bring to this role.
- Global Arts Live offices are located at 720 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA, and concerts are currently held at different locations in Boston, Somerville, and Cambridge.
- Work is generally performed in the office and at events, with flexibility for working remotely.
- Some night and weekend work at concert events required.
- This is a full-time salaried, exempt position.
- $50,000-$60,000 annual salary, based upon applicant’s experience
- A generous benefits package includes health and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, a retirement plan, and professional development opportunities.
How to ApplyTO APPLY
- Application Deadline: June 10. You are encouraged to apply as soon as possible since interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis.
- Please create a single pdf with your cover letter, resume, link to online portfolio/design samples, and references. (We will give you advance notice before contacting your references.) In your cover letter please mention how you heard of this opportunity.
- Email the pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Multimedia Graphic Designer” and your Last Name, First Initial, in both the email subject line and pdf name.
- All applicants will receive a request from our Business Office to participate in a two-minute demographic survey, as part of our commitment to conducting an equitable hiring process. Your responses to this survey are optional, anonymous, and will only be used to assess the aggregate diversity of our candidate pool. Responses will not be shared with the hiring manager or used to consider your job application. Thank you in advance for completing the survey.
55 total views, 1 today