Full-Time Mechanical Engineer
Develop, test, and document designs for vacuum systems, transport mechanisms, and various hard disk processing stations, including deposition chambers, substrate heating, cooling, cleaning, etc.
- Assume responsibility for technical assignments involving basic or applied research or the design and development of hardware products including the design, fabrication, modification, and evaluation of electronic and/or mechanical devices, components or systems.
- Devise the initial concept of the assigned device, component or system and participate in the overall detailed product design.
- Specify and evaluate environmental conditions such as temperature, load, vibration, high vacuum, etc.; analyze equipment to establish operating data and direct or conduct experimental tests.
- Develop cost estimates for products and projects.
- Coordinate with manufacturing during pilot run and first production runs to ensure efficient transition from engineering into production.
- Monitor the progress of assigned devices; components or systems to ensure that technical problems are solved.
- Prepare documentation, drawings, procedures, or manuals as necessary. Maintain high level of technical competence and state-of-the-art awareness.
- Typically work under limited supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus five years’ experience or Master’s Degree plus three years’ experience in Mechanical Engineering.
- Proficient user of Solidworks or similar 3D CAD software
- Strong preference for experience in semiconductor or Solar Equipment Design.
- Familiarity with Design Reviews, Concept and Feasibility, and Productization stages including ECO Release of Manufacturing quality documentation
- Experience in vacuum system design and heat transfer.
- Experience with dynamic electromechanical system design
How to ApplyHead to our careers page (linked below) and fill out our three-minute application on the side. We will be in touch! Mechanical Engineer - Santa Clara, California, USA Job Opening - Intevac Jobs (applicantpro.com)
338 total views, 0 today