Full-Time Lead Engineer, Core Services
UrbanStems is a modern floral and gifting company designed for thoughtful people. Founded in 2014 in Washington, DC, UrbanStems has become a leader in the space with our expressive bouquets, plants and gift options. From coast-to-coast next day delivery to same-day courier service in NYC and DC, we are helping people stay connected.
Named one of Inc. 500’s fastest-growing companies in 2019, UrbanStems has launched brand partnerships with Vogue, Bumble, JCrew and more. We offer a collaborative and open working environment with ample opportunity to grow and learn.
We’re looking for a thoughtful, well-rounded, motivated, and experienced Lead Engineer to join our Core Services team. The Core Services team builds and supports the critical infrastructure and applications that power UrbanStems. If you’re the right one for us, you take great pride in your work and are at ease working within an agile environment. You’ll have the opportunity to grow and achieve at new levels, collaborating with our small but ambitious, brilliant, hard-working, and fun team while contributing to our culture of success. In engineering at UrbanStems, we treat one another with respect, grow together, ship often, and value autonomy.
40% Code ownership and architecture
- Collaborate with the other engineers and stakeholders to establish objectives and design functional, cohesive software
- Provide guidance and mentorship to team engineers through coaching and counseling, code reviews, peer debugging sessions
- Play a key role in updating and adding new features to our APIs and internal tools for customer service, inventory, and fulfillment
- Build security and data privacy into all facets of our work
40% Individual code contribution
- Contribute clean, clear, and high quality production code and documentation
- Improve the performance, reliability, and scalability of our current code and systems
- Provide value directly to our customers as quickly, reliably, and accurately as possible
10% Project planning
- Provide engineering perspective in project scoping
- Manage sprint planning and hitting deliverable goals
- Manage ad hoc work
10% Engineering practices and process improvement
- Evolve our infrastructure to address the changing needs of our deployed software
- Improve the resilience, stability, and disaster recovery posture of our infrastructure, software, and data
All engineers at UrbanStems are required to be able to support production issues that arise in our software portfolio
- You adapt to new technology quickly and are always looking for opportunities to hone your skills
- Desire to write clean, scalable, testable, and reliable software in a fast-paced work environment
- Fluent in both SQL (i.e. MySQL and PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (such as MongoDB, DynamoDB or Redis) database technologies
- Experienced in building distributed systems for scale and deploying them in the cloud
- Experience with AWS services such as Lambda, SNS, SQS, S3, and Kinesis or equivalents is a plus
- Strong ability to communicate effectively across technical and non-technical teams
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to shift gears quickly and effectively
- We’re a small, lean team; a desire to take ownership of tasks and projects is a must
We’re happy to offer our full-time employees a generous PTO package, matching 401k, comprehensive family planning benefits, including paid parental leave and membership with Maven Clinic, employee and friends/family product discounts, monthly internet stipend, charity matching fund, developmental spending program, and pre-tax commuter benefits, in addition to medical, dental, and vision coverage.
At UrbanStems, we’re proud of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we pride ourselves on hiring individuals that share our passion for enacting real change. Come join our team of talented and unique individuals, where authenticity is encouraged and celebrated. We welcome and employ individuals regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We know the environment we’ve created at UrbanStems is a place to grow. If you don’t possess every single requirement you see on this posting, but think you’d thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply today.
How to ApplyPlease apply directly on our site: https://boards.greenhouse.io/urban/jobs/6222561002 Or feel free to reach out to me directly at email@example.com
221 total views, 0 today