|Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
LOCATION: This job is fully remote eligible within the United States. If located in Jacksonville, FL some onsite may be required.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Responsible for designing integration within Black Knight products and third party products. Responsible for providing input into the integration development of the IT strategic technology direct ion and through defining and communicating the architecture standards, guidelines, and statements of direction with guidance from senior architects as appropriate by facilitating the design and establishment of architecture standards.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Executes the integration architecture process for technology solutions with guidance from senior architects as appropriate and driving the adoption of new technologies by researching technical trends and developments.
- Fully understands the enterprise architecture mission for API strategies and educates others throughout the organization on the function of the governance, architecture, and standards.
- Defines the appropriate design patterns and implements reference architecture that is necessary to ensure development teams have a blueprint.
- Supports development teams in various areas including design, development, test automation, packaging, deployment, and maintenance for go forward architectural components.
- Determines requirements by assessing business strategies and requirements; researching architecture standards; conducting system and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; and preparing cost estimates.
- Develops solutions based on microservices/serverless architecture and other cloud native services.
- Works with team members and various development teams to ensure changes to new or existing technologies are assimilated and functioning correctly.
- Partners with other technical architects within the company to ensure consistency for Enterprise Architecture processes and practices.
- Researches new and emerging technologies to evaluate technical trends and requirements.
- Develops and fosters strategic relationships and establishes key organizational partnerships.
- Establishes collaborative working relationships with internal and external business partners and clients to ensure that technology solutions align with security architecture and business strategy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
Any AWS certification a plus.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience with Integration Patterns, tools and technologies
- Familiarity with API first strategy and related tools and technologies highly desired (e.g. API Gateway, OpenAPI Spec, OAuth2)
- Skilled with Java design and development with an emphasis on RESTful web services
- Experience with AWS cloud technologies a plus
- Experience in delivering solutions utilizing microservices or serverless based architectures
- Experience in software development in a multi-tenant application environment desired
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) concepts and experience with developing terraform or cloud formation scripts desired
- In-depth knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) following an Agile methodology
- Knowledge of financial services, mortgage or financial technology industries a plus
- Proficiency in software solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
- Willingness to quickly become an expert in new technologies
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external customers and contacts
- Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach
- Thorough understanding of design patterns and their application
- Fluency in developing and understanding sequence diagrams, class models, etc.
Enterprise Architect – Expert
Expert professional role. Works independently on many information technology projects frequently as a project leader and subject matter expert. Works on large, complex architecture issues or projects that require increased skill in multiple IT functional areas. Requires extensive knowledge of architecture issues, techniques and implications across all existing computer platforms. May manage or serve as a project leader for information technology projects or the architecture components of multi-discipline projects. Must have extensive knowledge of enterprise architecture. May coach more junior staff. Typically requires twelve (12) or more years of experience in information technology with at least eight (8) years of experience working across multiple architecture disciplines.
Black Knight is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employm ent without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and protected veteran or military family status. Our employees’ diversity is our strength, and when we embrace our differences, it makes us better and brighter. Black Knight’s commitment to inclusion is at the core of who we are, and motivates us in how we do business each and every day.
Black Knight is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and protected veteran or military family status. Our employees’ diversity is our strength, and when we embrace our differences, it makes us better and brighter. Black Knight’s commitment to inclusion is at the core of who we are, and motivates us in how we do business each and every day.