Full-Time Hygiene Specialist
ABOUT THE POSITION: The Hygiene Specialist is a member of the Hygiene Team that provides bathroom, shower, and laundry facilities to hundreds of area homeless men and women per month. The Attendant contributes to the maintenance of a safe and welcoming environment in the Hygiene facilities. This is a unionized position, represented by Local 8 of the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).
ABOUT THE PROGRAM: Located in our Pioneer Square headquarters, the Hygiene Center offers homeless men and women a place to use the restroom, take a hot shower and do a load of laundry. It’s open on a drop-in basis during regular business hours.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: Compass Housing Alliance develops and provides essential services and affordable housing for homeless and low-income people in the greater Puget Sound region. We envision a world in which every person lives in a safe and caring community. We recognize the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to the organization. To learn more about the agency visit www.compasshousingalliance.org.
LOCATION: Pioneer Square downtown Seattle, WA
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 6:30am-2:30pm with monthly staff meetings on the 2nd Thursday 2:30-3:30pm
SALARY RANGE: $16.08 per hour
• A high school diploma or GED is strongly desired, associate degree preferred in social work or related field, or relevant work experience, certificate and/or equivalent continuing professional development or education.
• A minimum of 1-year experience working or volunteering in homeless services organization, strongly preferred.
• A minimum of 1-year experience working in a customer service environment or high-volume public contact position, required.
• Demonstrated familiarity with issues of homelessness, mental illness, substance abuse, sexual assault, and/or domestic violence, required.
• Experience working with clients in which English is a second language or where there is limited English ability, desired.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Compass Housing Alliance is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and treats all employees and applicants equally without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, creed, disability, familial status, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, parental status, political ideology, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, use of section 8 certificate, use of service animal, and all other groups protected by law, and promotes diversity in its workforce. Compass Housing Alliance takes affirmative action to implement programs and maintain practices and policies that eliminate barriers to equal employment opportunity. Our program is available for review by employees and applicants for employment in the Human Resources Office during regular office hours.
In compliance with the ADA Amendment Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 206-474-1100 or via e-mail at HRInfo@compasshousingalliance.org.
How to ApplyTo apply, please follow the link to our online application: https://www.compasshousingalliance.org/who-we-are-top/employment/
63 total views, 1 today