Part-Time Grant Writer
The Sacramento LGBT Community Center has an immediate opening for a part-time Grant Writer. The Grant Writer will conduct research, assess mission match for available grants, create and assemble grant requests, and represent the agency at grant presentations. The Grant Writer will be expected to maintain a calendar of submissions and report deadlines. The Grant Writer may be required to prepare timely and accurate reports for awarded grants.
This position reports to the Director of Finance and Operations and works in partnership with program staff and stakeholders as well as directly with community members of diverse backgrounds. This is a part-time, non-exempt position.
• Research funding opportunities that align with the short term and long term funding needs and goals of the agency
• Communicate the agency’s mission and programs to potential funders.
• Conduct the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to federal, state, local and foundation funding sources.
• Maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports.
• Ensure Agency compliance with all grant requirements.
• Keeps Grant policies and procedures current and accurate for auditors and reviewers.
• Prioritize multiple grant opportunities to ensure multiple proposals proceed in a timely manner.
• Manage supplemental material required for proposals.
• Design and incorporate strategic planning with each program on the narrative and budget that produces results and solutions to identified needs.
• Generate revenue for programs through timely submission of well researched, well written, and well documented grant proposals.
• Compile data, prepare reports, success stories, and other relevant information for programs
• Ensure grant compliance, and assist with grant proposal development
• Participate in staff meetings, planning meetings, and other meetings as needed
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance and Operations.
• 4 years in the field of grant writing with a successful track record.
• A bachelor’s degree in English, Public Administration or a related field is required.
• Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
• Strong enough Math skills for Grant Budgeting
• A successful track record in setting priorities, information delivery, and time management.
• Understanding of contract requirements management including activity design and data collection to ensure compliant contract expectations.
• Highly organized, wearing multiple hats in an ambiguous and fast-moving environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including interpersonal communication and presentations.
• Proficient computer skills and knowledge including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are essential.
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required.
• The person in this position may be required to sit or stand for extended periods, maneuver tight storage space, move objects up to 50 pounds, ascend/descend stairs, operate computers, copiers, and other office equipment, open and close filing cabinets and boxes, observe visitors, and communicate messages and tone by telephone.
• Offers of employment may be contingent on satisfactory results of a criminal history background check.
• Passion for the Center’s mission and work to create a region where LGBTQ people thrive
• Part time, non-exempt. Rate and hours are wholly dependent on experience and budget demands
• Monthly stipend to assist with health coverage
• Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
• Annual professional development opportunities
About the Organization:
The Sacramento LGBT Community Center works to create a region where LGBTQ people thrive. We support the health and wellness of the most marginalized, advocate for equality and justice, and work to build a culturally rich LGBTQ community.
Position is located in Sacramento, CA.
The Sacramento LGBT Community Center is an Equal Opportunity employer. We actively seek applications from all persons regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical/physical/mental condition, HIV/AIDS status, pregnancy/childbirth and related medical condition, age, marital status, or veteran status.
How to ApplyTo apply: Go to SacCenter.org/careers for additional details. Please submit a cover letter, a resume and at least two successful proposal samples, in a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document by email to Jobs@SacCenter.org. No phone calls or in-person applications please.
41 total views, 1 today