Full-Time Finance Director
The Finance Director is a key part of the City of Oshkosh leadership team will require the successful candidate to possess outstanding technical and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will also have an inclusive managerial style, as well as clear, concise, and open communication skills necessary to function in a team environment and to be able to provide strong guidance and effective leadership. The candidate must possess the ability to develop and implement workable solutions, to draw both short-term and long-term implications from trends, and to create strategies that will fulfill the City’s financial objectives.
The successful candidate will:
• Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment;
• Have a record of problem solving and decisiveness;
• Possess a passion for public service; and
• Have a desire to work collaboratively with members of the finance team and with other departments on the delivery of city services.
Candidates should also have:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field; a Master’s Degree or CPA is preferred;
• Six or more years of progressively responsible experience in governmental accounting, investing and department management;
• Three or more years of supervisory experience; and
• Experience in developing and implementing long-range strategic plans.
How to ApplyApplication and Selection Process To apply for this position, please visit the City of Oshkosh Employment webpage at: https://selfservice.ci.oshkosh.wi.us/ess/employmentopportunities/default.aspx. Recruitment materials will be reviewed and those candidates whose qualifications most closely match the requirements of the position will be interviewed. Interviews are expected to take place mid-February and will be followed by background investigations including credit and reference checks to complete the hire process.
59 total views, 0 today