Full-Time Field Planning Technician Trainee
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Field Planning Technician Trainee at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you will be part of a team who loves to build, design and modernize California’s energy grid. We are building the infrastructure for transportation electrification and energy storage to help make decisions on where our facilities will be for future generations. Working on the front lines responding to our customers and communities, you will be behind every light switch, making contributions, big and small, to help Southern California thrive. You will come in every single day knowing the work you do makes a huge difference to our customers.
All Field Planning Technician Trainee training is paid. Your virtual/physical training will take place in our Chino, CA offices and on-the-job training will be at your designated work location. Once you complete your training, you will be a bona fide Field Planning Technician.
As a Field Planning Technician Trainee, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life – Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Coordinating activities with people from customers, drafting technicians and engineers to other utilities, local government and construction crews to provide important outcomes.
- Driving through our scenic service territory and being out in the field, you will be responsible for documenting field conditions including environmental and traffic conditions, identifying and keeping a record of existing materials, taking photos, pole loading, meter spotting, and reviewing/approving meter panel locations to ensure compliance of electrical designs.
- Working closely with planners, designers and field personnel to perform routine field visits.
- Performing field verifications and pole calculations using technical applications like SPIDA, SPIDAMin, Circuit, cGIS, and SharePoint.
- Occasionally lifting things. Typically less than 40lbs.
- Working in various weather conditions. Possibly even in some remote regions—the coast, desert, mountains across California.
- Maintaining a safety “own it” attitude where you choose to be safe for what and who you value.
- Experience, training, or education in any of the following fields: Drafting, Mapping, Architecture, Construction, Engineering, or Electrical.
- A valid Driver License.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Familiarity with electrical utility industry practices and regulatory standards.
- Excellent if you have experience with overhead or underground electrical distribution systems.
- Proficient with computer software applications, such as SPIDAcalc, SpidaMin, Design Manager, Circuit, cGIS AutoCAD, SAP, SharePoint, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Successful completion of Electrical Utility Planner Certification Program (from California State Polytechnic University, Pomona), AutoCAD, or similar programs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to connect with clients/customers.
- Customer service experience building relationships, identifying needs, and resolving issues.
You should know …
- Work Mode: When a return-to-office date has been determined, this position’s work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage. Upon completion of training and becoming a Field Planning Technician, your work mode may change based on business needs. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- We have multiple Field Planning Technician Trainee postings specific to the work location that is hiring. Apply to any locations you are passionate to work at.
- Relocation assistance will not be offered.
- You will be requested to do an OnDemand digital interview as part of the hiring process. Click here to view more about digital interviewing and get tips to help you prepare.
- Get in the action! Position may require working any day of the year, planned or during emergencies. This could involve extensive continuous overtime during the normal shift as well as weekends and holidays. It can be physically demanding too. You will be working in various weather conditions while carrying equipment up to 40 lbs and traversing on uneven grounds.
- Visit our Candidate Resources page to get important information related to testing, candidate tips, hiring process, and our fantastic Total Rewards Package that includes health plans, preventative health reimbursement, 401(k) savings plan with company match and automatic company contributions, tuition reimbursement, professional development, volunteer programs, employee assistance program, electric service discount, and many more perks.
- You should be legally authorized to work directly as an employee for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. We have crafted tips and an information guide designed to help you know what to expect. No surprises. Please access our Information Guides to reference test(s): Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles (Test 8203) and EEI Tech (Test 5107). Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
- Testing will be from 11/7/22 to 11/10/22. Monitor your email account daily to ensure no important communications regarding your application status or invitation to test will be missed. Invitations to test will be sent to the email address used during your application. Email communications for testing will come from Ta***************@sc*.com and no******@pa********.com.
The people at SCE don’t just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.
How to ApplyPlease apply online by 10/23/22 https://www.edisoncareers.com/page/show/Field-planning-technician-trainee-jobs
681 total views, 0 today