Full-Time Field Directors
The Outreach Team is a field firm specializing in face-to-face canvassing operations. We partner with the nation’s leading progressive groups and organizations to impact critical elections.
We are currently seeking Field Directors to join us on an important and exciting campaign to help Planned Parenthood Votes! South Atlantic rally the vote for candidates who will protect our right to make our own decisions and keep the government out of our health care. We are hiring for multiple Lead Director and Deputy Director positions in Charlotte, Raleigh, and Wilmington.
North Carolina’s sweeping abortion ban and restrictions on reproductive health care are harming real people. Bans on any health care put politics above people and put our futures on the line.
We’re working to ensure that everyone can live, thrive, and raise families in healthy communities. When people can make decisions about their own reproductive health care, they have more control over their economic security, their health and well-being, and can build the future they see for themselves.
Politicians have no business interfering with private health care decisions. We’re fighting to stop this government intrusion and put the power back in the hands of the people.
Field Directors will recruit, train, and manage a team of local canvassers to talk to voters about voting in the November election. Additionally, the Lead Campaign Director will manage a team of three or more Deputy Directors, and will be responsible for building an office to scale from the ground up. This position reports to the Project Director.
COVID-19 has altered the political landscape, but one thing remains the same – we will need to have in-person conversations with people to get out the vote. Thankfully, we can do this in a way that is low risk. We will provide PPE and substantial health and safety training, we will work outside, and we will all follow the canvassing protocols that will allow us to do this critical work while keeping ourselves and everyone else in our communities safe.
We are hiring immediately. This position can run through November 5th, 2024, with opportunities to extend.
Locations: Charlotte, Raleigh, and Wilmington. Strong preference for in-state candidates, short-term travel may be required.
Canvass Management Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of 30-120 canvassers, setting goals and holding staff accountable
- Train and provide ongoing motivation and support to staff
- Identify, promote, and train a leadership team
- Build a diverse team where staff feel respected, while fostering a culture of equity and justice
- Implement quality control measures to ensure integrity of the work
- Go in the field yourself several days per week to canvass, train staff, and help drive office goals by knocking on doors.
- Maintain a healthy and safe working environment for all staff
- Develop strategic plans to reach target voters/constituencies in assigned locations
- Manage administrative duties, including reporting data, record keeping, processing payroll, and distributing materials
- Strong management skills, including the ability to motivate and inspire a team while also holding staff accountable to goals and expectations
- Can speak compellingly about campaign issues and strategy
- Willing and able to listen to staff and solve problems
- Committed to equity and inclusion
- Strong work ethic; able to persevere in the face of challenges and setbacks
- Flexible; ready for the unexpected and willing to adapt to last minute changes
- Eager to learn and open to feedback
- Basic tech competency (G-suite or microsoft office, smart phone or computer)
- Experience working on a paid canvass team or organizing campaign
- Community or issue-based campaign experience
- Experience running paid canvasses or managing paid employees
- Passion for social change and activism
- Team building ability
- Attention to detail
- A track record of success meeting or exceeding goals
- Experience working in underserved or marginalized communities
- Facilitation experience
- Local knowledge/experience
Salary: The salary range for this position is $1,200-1,450 per week. We offer a generous benefits package, including paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance, and hands-on training. At the end of the campaign, there may be opportunities for advancement and bonuses.
At The Outreach Team, we prioritize equity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage Black, indigenous, people of color, women, people with previous felony convictions, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply.
To Apply: Visit: https://theoutreachteam.applytojob.com/apply
How to ApplyTo Apply: Visit: https://theoutreachteam.applytojob.com/apply
66 total views, 0 today