Full-Time Family Medicine Medical Assistant – Sign-on Bonus
Works under the direction and supervision of the Charge Nurse/Lead Nurse. Medical Assistant Provides assistance to the physician, mid-level provider, head nurse and patient; provides basic nursing procedure to non-acutely ill patients; assists in maintaining supplies and a safe clean environment.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Medical Assistants are responsible for knowing their scope of practice.
- Prepare Charts
- Obtain consents
- Receives patients, takes and records chief complaint and prepares patient for examination; records blood pressure, pulse, respirations, pulse oximetry, height and weight
- Prepares patients for examinations or procedures including positioning, draping, shaving and disinfecting treatment sites
- Explains to the patient the procedures followed in an examination, a diagnostic test or treatment at the request of clinic personnel
- Collects specimens, takes EKGs, collects blood samples as requested by clinic personnel; assists the physician with examination, treatments, minor surgery, dressing changes and splinting
- Assists the provider in the collection of specimens such as pap smears and throat cultures
- Administers medications orally, topically, vaginally, rectally, subcutaneously, intramuscularly, intradermal
- Prepares and replenishes supplies in the treatment room and exam rooms; maintain exam rooms in an orderly and constant state of readiness for incoming patients
- Performs simple laboratory procedures such as blood sugars and urine dips
- Sterilizes instruments and assumes maintenance of diagnostic and therapeutic equipment.
- Disposes of contaminated, disposable and outdated items per protocol
- Performs necessary vision screening and operates the oximeter, audiometer, nebulizer and spirometer as directed
- Demonstrates willingness to assist co-workers whenever needed. Maintains good working relationship with all clinic personnel
- Reviews patients record forms for accuracy and completion.
- Performs other duties as needed
- Responsible for having current CPR card
- Attends all staff meetings and health fairs
- Observes DAP Health policies and procedures
- This does not limit clinical activities. MAs will work according to job description and scope of practice. (See MA Scope of Practice).
- Provides compassionate quality care to the patients of DAP Health, within the scope of practice outlined by state or federal law
- Delivers care in accordance with established standard of care and accepted community standards
- Understands the organizations commitment to provide high quality patient care.
- Promotes a Patient centered environment
- Provides excellent internal and external customer service
- Participates in on-going customer service trainings
- Always greets patients, visitors and physicians in a courteous and respectful manner; responds to patients with empathy and positive interpersonal skills, consistently handles all requests in a positive manner
- Contributes to the success of the organization by participating in quality improvement activities
- Complies with all organization policies and procedures and proactively participates in the implementation of new initiatives
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures related to safe work practices
- Uses all appropriate equipment and/or tools to ensure workplace safety
- Immediately reports unsafe working conditions
- Follow all infection control procedures including blood-borne pathogen protocol
- Be familiar with Material Data Safety Sheets
- Maintains privacy and security of all patient, employee, and volunteer information and access to such information. Such information is accessed on a need to know basis for business purposes only
- Complies with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and security obligations. Reports unethical, fraudulent or unlawful behavior or activity
- Upholds strict ethical standards
We are pleased to offer a sign-on bonus of $1,000 for this position. Half of the amount will be paid with your first paycheck, and half of the amount will be paid after 6 months of employment.
Minimum Qualifications (Education and Experience):
- Graduate of approved high school or GED equivalent
- Medical Assistant Certificate, or signed training on venipuncture, infectious control, patient privacy, basic anatomy and physiology by Registered Nurse or Physician
Special Conditions of Employment:
- All staff that is presently working within a clinic is required to have a Current and Valid CPR and First Aide certification on file with the Human Resources Department. This is for clinical and administrative staff. This new license requirement is mandatory for continued employment, CPR and First Aide certification must be obtained through the American Heart Association. Internet certificates do not comply and for this reason are not valid.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective communicating with patients and coworkers
- Ability to work as a team member
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred
- Available for all shifts and, when required, able to work evenings and weekends
How to ApplyPlease apply directly on our website: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=92773&clientkey=5CF9EA9CAF576CF2820962592126F4B0
86 total views, 0 today