Part-Time Exercise Instructor
Why Work for the Y?
The YMCA focuses on empowering people in all forms, by improving health and well-being and inspiring action in and across our neighborhoods.
Ignite your Passion, Live the Y Cause, and Join our Team!
Are you a fitness or health professional who loves leading group exercise classes? Do you enjoy helping others improve flexibility, strength, endurance, and cardiovascular conditioning? As an Exercise Instructor, you will create a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement as you teach group exercise classes.
In this position, you will be able to use your skills to:
- Conduct fun, safe and educational classes
- Design classes to improve one or more of the four components of fitness; flexibility, strength, muscular endurance, and cardio-respiratory conditioning
- Demonstrate techniques with different intensity levels.
- Build relationships with members
- Maintain equipment organization
- Assist in compiling program statistics
- You have at least two years of experience leading challenging, yet safe, classes.
- You have knowledge of the fitness components of an aerobic group exercise class.
- You have a certification in Group Exercise or related specialty (preferred).
- You have YMCA Foundations of Strength and Conditioning and/or Foundations of Group Exercise certification or equivalent, such as ACE, ACSM, or AFAA certifications (preferred).
- You have a positive attitude and previous experience with diverse populations.
- You have current CPR for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid, AED, and Oxygen certifications (preferred).
Starting rate: $18.67+ per hour DOE
Hours: Part Time – Up to 25 hours/week
Benefits: Part-Time employees are supported with the following benefits and perks:
- Flexible scheduling around school and extracurricular activities
- Optional virtual tele-doc, dental and vision benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- 50% off YMCA child care services
- Free Personal YMCA Membership
- Free YMCA 360 Virtual Wellness Membership
- YMCA Program and Merchandise discounts
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Paid Sick Leave
- Professional education and certification opportunities
How to ApplyClick link below to Apply. https://cta.cadienttalent.com/index.jsp?locale=en_US&APPLICATIONNAME=YMCAofPierceandKitsapCountiesReqExt
617 total views, 0 today