Full-Time Enrollment Services Specialist
Oregon State Ecampus is a growing, innovative, and collaborative organization with a commitment to providing high-quality online degrees and programs. Ecampus makes OSU’s exceptional learning experiences available to students throughout Oregon and around the world. OSU Ecampus is a leader in national online education, our online bachelor’s program consistently ranks in the top 10 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
The enrollment services specialist will provide a personal connection to Oregon State for prospective students who are interested in learning online and plays a pivotal role in recruitment for online programs. This position nurtures leads from inquiry through application and participates in a variety of recruitment activities (e.g. high touch outreach campaigns, recruitment events, webinars). The enrollment services specialist will help prospective students navigate institutional resources and provide realistic expectations for the OSU enrollment process and online learning. This position regularly responds to complex questions related to academic programs and university policies and procedures and connects with university partners on behalf of adult learners.
This position collaborates with colleagues across the unit to develop, inform and update prospective student communications (e.g. website, email, advertising, text, and chat). The enrollment services specialist works closely with prospective students and possesses unique knowledge about this audience. Because of this expertise, the enrollment services specialist will be asked to serve on project teams, review materials and help with onboarding of new programs and corporate collaborators, ensuring that the prospective student voice and perspective is represented.
Oregon State University and OSU Ecampus maintain and enhance a collaborative and inclusive community that is dedicated to equity and equal opportunity. All employees of the division are responsible for ensuring that these commitments are achieved. This position directly contributes to those goals by providing a personal connection to OSU for prospective students who have diverse backgrounds and who live in all 50 states and more than 50 countries.
Position Duties Include
- Advise prospective students and applicants on policies and processes involved with admissions, enrollment, and registration. Assist in comparing program options such as online learning, majors, minors, and course scheduling.
- Utilize Ecampus’ customer relationship management system (Salesforce) to track engagement with prospective students, and to create referrals to Ecampus’ unofficial transcript evaluation service.
- Proactively outreach to applicants with incomplete application files to ensure that they have the information and support needed to move forward.
- Represent Ecampus at recruitment events, both on and off campus and virtually, and in presentations to campus partners.
- Work closely with Ecampus’ corporate education unit to onboard new corporate collaborators and serve as a resource for prospective corporate-affiliated students.
- Communicate with campus partners on behalf of prospective students to find answers to questions and help navigate campus resources.
- Advocate to remove barriers for online learners by suggesting improvements to existing processes and procedures.
- Review and provide feedback on proposals for new online programs in order to ensure a smooth prospective student experience.
- Engage in professional development activities to maintain knowledge of best practices in higher education enrollment, customer service and marketing.
- For more information and details please visit https://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/135892
- Two years of technical or professional-level experience advising and/or instructing the public concerning specific programs or processes, monitoring programs, or performing participant reviews
- Experience with individualized customer service and relationship-building.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Exceptionally high accuracy level and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, setting and meeting personal deadlines.
- Experience managing multiple programs, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Experience with word processing, email, spreadsheets and database systems.
- Demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
- Experience participating in and/or leading teams.
- This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a Criminal History Check and be determined to be position qualified as per OSU Standard 576-055-0000 et seq.
- Bachelor’s degree of choice.
- Experience working with non-traditional learners.
- Experience working in higher education and serving prospective or current students
- Experience with BANNER, CORE (data management system), and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
OSU commits to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
- Medical coverage – Employer contribution toward CORE benefits (medical, vision, dental, employee basic life)
- Vacation leave (8 hours/month), sick leave (8 hours/month), personal leave (24 hours/year) and 11 paid holidays. Vacation leave increases with length of service.
- Oregon Public Service Retirement Plan (OPSRP) plus additional optional plans
- Parental or family medical leaves
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities
- Cell phone provider discounts available at AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile/Sprint
- Reduced tuition rates for you or your dependents/spouse/domestic partner
- And more!
Pay range: $20.62/hr – $31.40/hr. Typically, the starting salary is at the lower end of the salary range.
Work environment: Typical office environment, Ecampus is currently piloting a hybrid work schedule. Tuesday and Thursday are designated in-office days. Employees can work remotely Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
How to ApplyIf you are excited about the opportunity to work with a mission-driven organization please submit an application using the link - https://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/135892 Posting #P04160CT Closing date: 5/15/2023
104 total views, 2 today