Full-Time Employment Specialist
Are you the person who your friends ask to help with their resume?
Are you ready to help clients break the spirit of poverty through the dignity of work? As an Employment Specialist that’s just what you’ll do.
A collaborator. An inspirational leader. An entrepreneur. Someone who is driven to do heart-work and provide performance excellence, with integrity. Successful Employment Specialists are dedicated to delivering personalized support services to people and businesses in need. You’ll help clients feel comfortable and confident while delivering comprehensive employment training, job placement, and follow-up services to a caseload of job seekers and employers. On any given day, you’ll work to build a stronger community by helping job seekers eliminate barriers and connect to employment, and by helping employers find the talent they need for their businesses to grow and thrive.
Career Path Services is looking for an Employment Specialists in Snohomish County to join our team, to be an ambassador of hope. This is a full-time position and the work will be hybrid (in office and remote). Women, veterans and minorities encouraged to apply! Bilingual candidates strongly preferred.
Career Path Services values the power of diversity and endeavors to build upon this vital strength. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment for all of our staff and customers. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, and deliver solutions. We are committed to attracting, recruiting, retaining and advancing a diverse team that is responsive to the needs of our diverse clients.
ABOUT THE JOB
The major responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit program participants through social media, outreach activities, and from partner agencies.
- Sit down with a potential participant to determine eligibility for the program.
- Customize a service plans for program participants using program model service components.
- Help participants progress through their service plan using funded and unfunded activities aimed at preparing participants for unsubsidized employment.
- Contact prospective employers to identify job openings and assist in developing and implementing hiring, retention, and wage progression plans.
- Build strong, mutually beneficial relationships with employers to identify job openings and assist in developing and implementing hiring, retention and wage progression plans.
- Conduct recruitment wrap up services, training completion, exit interviews, and assisting in filing for tax credits.
- Input data on the days’ registrations/enrollments, status changes, exits/terminations and post exit MIS in the division’s operating system.
- Gather data, analyze, and report on program success, including adjusting goals and strategies as appropriate.
We look for individuals who exhibit our organizational core competencies and who have the knowledge of, or ability to learn the key technical competencies and skills for this job.
Technical Competencies and Skills
- Follow highly detailed instructions, program regulations and guidelines
- Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources to draw conclusions and an ability to communicate information (verbally and in writing) in a respectful manner that ensures full comprehension for all parties
- Exceptional data entry skills, ensure accurate and timely collection of data into appropriate MIS databases for adherence to policies and in accordance with established procedures and processes
- Ability to develop excellent customer relationships and well as assess needs, meet standards for service and evaluate customer satisfaction
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Ability to adapt to business needs and work well under pressure
- Ability to organize individual work tasks and outcomes and meet deadlines
- Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Embrace technology, good working knowledge of office machine technology, ability to learn new software.
- Ability to work remotely and engage customers from various virtual and tele platforms.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
Organizational Core Values
- Integrity: Stay true to our mission, purpose, and vision; act in harmony with our beliefs and values; gain trust while respecting boundaries; keep commitments, hold ourselves and others accountable.
- Courage: Take smart risks and challenge status quo; challenge actions inconsistent with organization’s values; speak up, even when uncomfortable; perform heroic actions advocating for those the organization serves.
- Generosity: Extend hospitality, appreciation, and have dedication to serve others; seek what is best for the organization rather than self; act humbly; treat everyone with kindness and dignity.
- Visionary: Embrace an entrepreneurial spirit; pioneer new ideas and demonstrate curiosity; embrace failure to break boundaries and learn rapidly; be willing to do things differently; adapt and stay nimble by finding time to simplify.
- Leadership: Humbly guide and lead others to make a positive difference; contribute to the larger good; share knowledge; commit self and others to professional growth; be a life-long learner; engage in open, honest communication.
- Excellence: Perform with integrity to ensure accurate and competent results with a positive impact; extend beyond minimum expectations; consider other points of view; think critically and problem solve by identifying root causes; show unity through teamwork.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum one-year of experience working with workforce development, social services, job placement, job development, sales, job coaching, employment and training, or related field.
- Requires advanced level use of: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; LinkedIn, and other business-related networking applications, as appropriate.
- Must be able to work in a culturally diverse and fast-paced environment and demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity and cultural competency.
- Daily availability of personal vehicle or alternate method of transportation sufficient to meet the daily transportation requirements of the position is a condition of employment. Copies of driver’s license and auto liability insurance coverage is required for personnel file at time of hire and annually thereafter.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in: Business Administration, Human Resources, Social Work, Communication, Workforce Development, Psychology, or Sociology. Appropriate work experience may be substituted for the education requirement.
- Bilingual language skills
- Certified Workforce Development Professional (CWDP).
- Demonstrated success working in a performance based system.
- Demonstrated success working with people from a variety of backgrounds which may include disabilities, criminal history, homeless, family violence, poverty etc.
- Experience in public speaking and presentations to a diverse community.
- Leading health care package, including medical with both F.S.A. and H.S.A. options, dental, and vision
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary/supplemental group term life insurance, group AD&D insurance, hospital indemnity coverage, accident coverage, critical illness coverage, legal coverage, and identity theft coverage
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with a leading employer discretionary contribution
- Paid Vacation (accrue 12 hours/month), Sick (accrue 8 hours/month), Bereavement (1 week), Jury Duty and Military Leave
- 13 Paid Holidays, including Floating Holiday and Birthday Holiday
- Cell Phone Reimbursement Allowance and Home Internet Reimbursement along with Personal Development Reimbursement Allowances
- Tuition Reimbursement program and a qualified employer for the Federal Loan Forgiveness Program
ABOUT CAREER PATH SERVICES
Career Path Services is a workforce development and employment training 501(c)3 nonprofit headquartered in Spokane, WA. As an organization, we pride ourselves in being a part of our community and truly enriching the community we work in. We value our diverse team-based environments while recognizing the creativity and initiative of individuals. Career Path Services is committed to honoring our employees’ service to our mission and values by providing continuous training and development opportunities. We have been honored to be named a top 50 Best Nonprofits to Work For by the Nonprofit Times seven years in a row, and are more than proud of our employees who make this happen. Our amazing employees make us a great place to work because of their high character and competence.
Career Path Services is an equal opportunity employer. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to persons of disability. TTY relay 1-800-833-6388.
Job: Employment Specialist/Practitioner – Snohomish
Primary Location: Snohomish County
Salary: Full Range $51,000-78,000 annually. Well qualified candidates may be offered starting salaries up to $57,750, DOE.
Recruitment Closing Date: TBD – The hiring authority reserves the right to make hiring decisions and/or close this posting at any time. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply early.
How to ApplyApply on our website https://careerpathservices.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2z2ud2p70xj
47 total views, 1 today