Part-Time Dance Teacher
MHS seeks an experienced dance teacher to join our Athletics Department, in collaboration with our Director of Theater and Dance. All candidates must possess experience teaching dance at a high school level or higher. The successful candidate will be a dynamic presence who radiates a genuine and infectious passion for the mission of the School, has an understanding of the value of girls-centered education, and is align with the School’s core values.
Miss Hall’s School inspires and encourages each girl to pursue the highest standards of learning and character; to contribute boldly and creatively to the common good; and to seek a purposeful life based on honor, respect, growth, and personal authenticity.
At Miss Hall’s School, we champion social justice; insist that all community members demonstrate respect for each other through words and actions; and affirm that diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to learning and problem solving, discovery and personal growth, and cultivating empathy and cultural competency. Guided by these beliefs and with the understanding that being an inclusive community requires ongoing work and commitment, we foster cross-cultural dialogue and allyship to honor and celebrate our diverse community.
- In cooperation with the Director of Athletics, provide for all of the logistical needs of the Dance Program
- Set and communicate seasonal goals with student-athletes/dancers, the Director of Athletics, and the Director of Theater and Dance
- Plan dance practices and final presentations in a thoughtful manner that pushes the individual dance program and overall athletic program forward and toward its mission, vision, and goal
- Attend all practices, in coordination with the Director of Athletics and The Director of Theater and Dance
- Prepare for and attend the end-of-season banquet
- Ensure the safety of all student-dancers at all times
- Write accurate and professional comments for student-dancers in a timely manner
- Attend all necessary department meetings throughout the year
- Inform the Director of Athletics and Director of Theater and Dance of any specific Dance Studio needs
- Ensure the Dance Studio is in good condition and communicate any maintenance needs
- Subscribe to and implement the stated goals and mission of the department
- Work to contribute to the greater role of Athletics and Expressive Arts within the School
- Work with peers and administrators in a professional and collegial manner
- Interact with students, colleagues, consultants, and members of the public in a courteous and respectful manner
- Experience in and a keen interest/passion in teaching and coaching female student-athletes/dancers
- Experience with different dance styles, which may include ballet, contemporary, modern, jazz, tap, improvisation, world dance, and hip-hop
- Experience in developing classes and providing training for individuals and groups
- Critical thinking and troubleshooting skills, with strong digital media literacy
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with students, colleagues, family members, and members of the public in a diverse population
- Ability to work some nights and weekends for culminating performances
- A genuine, demonstrated commitment to diversity and student success
- Commitment to the Miss Hall’s School Mission and Core Values
- Ability to teach all types of learners: have the skills and experience to teach students with diverse learning styles and abilities
- Possession of creative skills to encourage innovative ideas for choreography, dance routines, and collaboration with students
- Ability to create an inclusive and supportive environment where every student feels comfortable and encouraged to participate
How to ApplyEmail resume showing related experience to email@example.com. Let us know where you found the job posting.
115 total views, 0 today